Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

None of the many 777s I’ve flown on Cathay Pacific has had winglets.

Thank you for the correction though!

Guy

My bad. 777 used ranked wingtips as well.

So some 777 have more than two engines (not counting the APU)?

No.

Guy

ETOPS for a 777 (and 787, A350) is 180 at a minimum, some even longer, depending on airline. 60 minutes would prevent any flying across the Atlantic, let alone the Pacific. 180 keeps the AC in range in most parts of the globe, the very southern latitudes (South Pacific, South Atlantic, Antarctica) being the exceptions. Lets end it here, as we have drifted OT, if anyone wishes, maybe a new topic in an appropriate forum.

2 Likes

Last time I was at HK airport, Cathay had, I don’t know, hundreds of 777s coming and going from there, they were everywhere you looked.

1 Like

Preggers, in New Taipei city

How come the Moderna shipments seem a lot more stable and regular than the AZ shipments (not talking about donated AZ, just the ones we paid for)? Is it all to do with that manufacturer in Thailand?

1 Like

That was my understanding of it…problems with the manufacturer in Thailand was causing a delay.

1 Like

I would’ve thought we could lease our AZ shipments from multiple sources, not just one country. Oh well.

1 Like

Good article that gives a good overview of Taiwanese media and how they’ve framed Covid vaccines. They article starts by mentioning the large drop in vaccinations, but part of is probably also due to the lower stock. Would be better to look at vaccination rates again in a couple days once they 2.5 million from the U.S. donation starts being used.

They list off some of the ridiculous news articles and headlines…

Going through the article they even mention the China Times article where they had to throw in AZ with some old person choking on zongzi since they got vaccinated a couple hours beforehand…yeah totally related.

It should also be basic medical knowledge that someone who is vaccinated can still become infected with COVID-19 and still pass COVID-19 to others—anyone who has taken middle or high school biology should generally know this about vaccines. However, at CECC press briefings, one hears this brought up as though this disproves the effectiveness of vaccines altogether.

It’s crazy how many young and old people in Taiwan told me that vaccine was useless because people still get covid even after being vaccinated, even pointing to the one case of the pilot who had got his first shot a few days prior to getting covid (too early to even have partial immunity) or younger Taiwanese that studied in USA and say some of their classmates got covid despite being vaccinated and ignoring the fact that they were completely fine because they were fully vaccinated…

7 Likes

39 posts were split to a new topic: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

Name ?