Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

Saw a post on Facebook, seems the Taichung Hospital is still crowded and everyone pretty much placed shoulder to shoulder and those were just pictures from the registration area, it’s most likely significantly more crowded in the “rest area” which was the case when I went on Tuesday.

A large amount of people in a very small area for an extended period of time…I don’t think those are exactly ideal circumstances. Feels like they should of thought about this a long time ago and had figured out how to streamline the process instead of doing everything in all in the same tiny space. Also shouldn’t the staff and volunteers be using additional PPE given the recent outbreaks? Still only masks being used as far as I could see in the pictures that were posted.

Anyone know how have the other hospitals been the past few days?

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why did you wait? Was it really just laziness?

Mackay was shoulder to shoulder and a completely unnecessary clusterfuck.

2 Likes

Maybe Taiwan should be asking others for help on how to do this…

1 Like

It seems to be like this at every hospital? It definitely was at NTUH. Too many people crowded into a room for unnecessarily long. There’s no reason at all why people should need to go there and wait for 1-2 hrs before being vaccinated.

1 Like

It seems that unnecessary forms and lines are a part of the culture here. Virtually everything we did in the hospital could have been done easier online. The only things that required our physical presence were the blood pressure machine of dubious use and the actual jab.

2 Likes

The paper form you do at Mackay is exactly what you submit online to register, the mind boggles

4 Likes

Not to mention the wisdom of getting a few hundred people each day to put their arms in the same blood pressure machine and handle the same pens.

5 Likes

There was no blood pressure check done at Taichung hospital…

I wish there was a less stress inducing way of taking blood pressure, because sometimes I feel the act of putting the cuff on is enough to raise your blood pressure by about 10 points.

3 Likes

Yes. I’m a notorious procrastinator and I’ve been really busy with work lately. I also have a touch of social anxiety cold-calling hospitals and using my limited Chinese. But I don’t have any vaccine hesitancy if that’s what you’re asking.

5 Likes

I was more thinking that perhaps you thought it was not pressing in a country where there was almost no Covid. For me, I just told my wife to get it scheduled ASAP. She waited a few days and I just told her that it had to be done immediately. Of course, that is a luxury that not everyone has.

4 Likes

I was putting it off at first mostly out of sense of guilt that I would be taking away the self-paid vaccines that were much more limited in quantity and meant for those that needed to go overseas. So for people who needed to go back to their home country for seeing their family or having urgent matters to attend to…but after the 2nd round of doses were made available and how piss poor the vaccination rate was amongst the priority groups at the time and similar points being made to me in this thread I felt like I’m not wasting the shot…I’m preventing the shot from going to waste…

Funnily enough as soon as I got my shot and started sitting down for my 30 minute rest was when the presser came on and people finally were going to start taking this seriously. Seriously glad I got the shot.

4 Likes

This is a little true too. Probably a bit of arrogance or denial on my part.

1 Like

Slightly connected.

In the USA, they now have a list of things that you can do if you have been vaccinated.

One of the things you can do now is “participate in high-intensity group activities”.

Is this some kind of energy vaccination? Because I’ve never been able to do that before.

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t think you are unique in this, which is why the vaccinations were made open to anyone willing to pay $20. From what I think I know of you, I doubt you personally are in much danger, but I hope that you can get the shot as soon as you can to remove almost all doubt.

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

So, is Taiwan’s government going to get serious about bringing vaccines in from overseas? We need them NOW, not in mid-July.

1 Like

I somehow expect that soon some people will start demanding that the government should purchase the China vaccine now…

1 Like

Please no… that ineffective garbage would only make things worse. Anyway, what Taiwanese person in their right mind would want it?

We need Pfizer and Moderna here stat. Even J&J.