Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - September/October 2021

Im confused. Is this the same as the other announcement?

Yes! I posted it in another thread. Now it’s here. It’s great to see more Moderna finally scheduled to arrive.

Guy

any trial info on medigen yet?

So, assuming supplies remain steady for 2nd jab and assuming most of the people go for the 2nd jab, we should hit 50% by end of December (with 50% done with the first now and a three month wait needed for the 2nd). Not too bad, really.

Is it possible we could be getting Moderna 2nd shot before other vaccines which some suggested you should definitely rush to the computer to get so you could be vaccinated as soon as possible?

Did they already proceed with mixing vaccines for normal earthlings? I haven’t checked for while.

The mixing vaccines debate has been going on 4 months. Time for them to shit or get off the pot. They keep talking about doing their own studies, but international studies have already been done and the global consensus is it’s fine.

1 Like

You think we will get that many aZ this year?

I want BNT if possible, two weeks in the future.

I thought they said 3 doses now is required to be fully vaccinated?

if taiwan reaches 50-60% by December, I hope they don’t require quarantine by like next summer so all the teachers living in china can mass migrate and flood the market and lower salaries by about 300NT

The Flemish region in Belgium reached 90% of adults fully vaccinated. And they had a rough start with deliveries being delayed and canceled as late as April.

There wont be enough Moderna after tomorrows delivery to give all the 1st shot people a second one, and it seems that they will go down the priorities as well, starting with the 75+ people.

2 Likes

Does anyone know where we’re at with the AZ second shot priority? Who are all these folks getting their second AZ shot now?

No idea, but I hope I won’t be one of them and get BNT instead.

1 Like

I prefer BNT for the second shot but I’ll register for AZ right away when my group is given the green light.

If you look at the link from post #357 above, there have only been 865,238 second jabs of AZ against over 7M first AZ shots, so I would be suggesting the high priority people. I does seem that as of yesterday, there is an AZ 2nd shot drive on right now.

1 Like

It would be easier when they give AZ’rs a BNT shot next.

To meet the three month time period they’d have to. Unless Taiwan extends it to 4 or 5 months.

207,979 doses given yesterday, of which 161,566 were second doses (mostly A-Z). 1,402,062 are now fully vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/12rqWh1UiZpyOlTiZECVnA

3 Likes

If another 3M doses come in by the end of Oct - the probability of which I would discount based on the track record thus far - presumably those will all go towards getting initial Moderna recipients their second shot.