Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - September/October 2021

Wow, so this means that the Medigen doses (for your student) are moving swiftly!

I hope you get your second AZ shot—I imagine it will be soon.

Guy

I don’t care.

2 Likes

Well, you cared enough to post about it.

Enjoy your day!

Guy

I was interested about the thinking behind the vaccination programme. I don’t care about my vaccinations.

Palau has joined New Zealand in listing Medigen as an acceptable vaccine for visitors.

Guy

4 Likes

Meanwhile, we finally received more Moderna, with 1.13 million doses arriving this morning. These are intended to be used for second shots, which will likely be administered starting on October 22.

Guy

4 Likes

And the previously promised of 235,900 doses of AZ from Lithuania will arrive this afternoon.

5 Likes

320,206 doses given yesterday, of which 281,354 were second doses. 4,175,785 are now fully vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/PTsC438dxdKUQtcxaafpVA

5 Likes

Speaking about countries that accept Medigen, is there anything we (team Medigen people) can do to request/pressure our home country’s government to accept Medigen?

I wrote to my country’s Ministry of Health today about it, because Chileans residing outside the country could register the vaccines they had received in a Government site, but Medigen was not in the options they allowed you to select. (And they even had Sinopharm, Sinovac, and Sputnik) Yet, I’m not sure if writing to them will be effective or if they will just ignore me. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Availability and interval steers the vaccinations.

When the WHO recognizes it most countries will too.

2 Likes

They’ll have to get that passed by their superiors, first.

3 Likes

How do you tell them you’re in a priority category? When registering for bnt interest the was no where to put that I have asthma. I’m 40, overweight, have asthma and my 12 year old niece has her first shot and I don’t. It’s embarrassingly ridiculous for Taiwan

2 Likes

It’s apparently determined by whether you have been treated for, or diagnosed with, a serious medical condition from some point in 2020 onward in the NHI records. Some folks have been surprised to have been included; others like you have been surprised to have not.

It’s clear as well that you have selected one or both of the mRNA vaccines only. Don’t feel bad; I’m one of those dummies too. If you would have been OK with AZ or Medigen, you’d already be on your way to your second shot.

Guy

4 Likes

Taipei City is taking appointments starting at 09:00 tomorrow Oct 11, for Moderna Second doses for those aged 68 and over (thats me!!!) who have had a 1st shot prior to August 4 and live in Taipei City (My ARC has a Neihu address!!) or had the 1st shot in Taipei City. So I will be sitting in front of my computer at 09:00 tomorrow.

5 Likes

Good luck!

Just go to a clinic and ask. No need to wait if you’re past ten weeks and no need to wait for the crappy online registration program. I’ve been telling you guys this for months and @DrewC also had success this way. I didn’t use the online platform for either shot. Just roll up to a clinic close to closing time and you’ll get lucky eventually.

3 Likes

I don’t like to jump the queue. It’s a limey thing.

3 Likes

Yes, I was wrong for doubting you. Mea culpa.

No worries. Let’s just hope we can get everyone vaxxed and go back to normal.

1 Like