Cosmetics safety database

Thanks for the update… :slight_smile: (I’ll figure this out one day)

When trying a search i only get a blank page in return, but never mind, that’s apparently a problem at this end (i wanted to see what that database had to say about some commonly used chemcials that i have researched before, such as lauryl and laureth salts)…

And a timely reminder:
Computer support/advice available (god help me) and the reply to that which leads here: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797685/

BTW (this is a tangent) your post reminded me of something that might be equally of interest to people who care about what they put on their skin:
naturalnews.com/025449_herbs … _care.html

And although i can’t find my notes from years ago, i’m sure that googling will bring up the benefits of these natural ingredients for cleaning/cleansing of skin and hair in case water alone is not enough (goes without saying that, where applicable, organically grown is best): apple, papaya, many other fruit (no specifics), cucumber, ginger, honey, oatmeal, milk, yogurt, sour cream, butter, cold pressed olive oil and other high quality oils from nuts or seeds, sea salt, beer
Also some traditional human-made ingredients, such as baking soda and bar soap (olive oil soap) with no “modern” ingredients (comparable to traditional middle-eastern and similar soaps - Aleppo, Nablus, Castilia, etc.)
Some recipes for “modern” soap at candleandsoap.about.com/od/soapr … recipe.htm.

(The obligatory testimonial: i don’t use anything more complicated than plain bar soap and oil, so i can’t vouch for any of the other mentioned ingredients)