Costco giant muffins, are they at Costco in Taiwan?

Before I venture out and pay for a Costco membership…I just want to know if they have those giant costco muffins like they do in the states. The blueberry, apple cinnamon, spice, and chocolate + chocolate chip muffins. NOTHING WITH RED FRIGGIN BEAN IN IT!

I have been craving them for a bit now and wouldnt mind shelling out the costco membership fee. Will probably end up buying other stuff there too. So anyone know if they have them?

Yes, they are there.

Yeahhhhhhhh! :yay:

Toasty, you just made my day! Thanks!

Its the litle things in life that count :smiley:

wanna split a box :smiley::D?

If you ask nicely, they will normally let you walk through the store to see what they have, although you can’t buy anything. Or you can go with a friend who has a membership.

How strict are they about “really” checking the costco ID’s? My GF somehow has her mom’s ID card. You think we can use it without being kicked out or denied entrance?

You’d probably get in by flashing the card, but it would depend on the actual cashier who was ringing up your stuff.
They don’t usually look at the picture too closely.

You can try, but the card explicitly states that it is not transferable. Membership is 1200nt per year. You and your gf can split one membership and both get cards. So that makes it 600nt per year per person. Pretty cheap and no need to try to pull the wool over their eyes (and possibly create embarrassing situations for yourself if they check to see if the card holder is actually present). If you have your own membership, they send you nifty books of coupons, as well.

Erm, are you sure about this Toasty? When my other half got a card they said I couldn’t have one because we weren’t married. If this is not the case then I’m going to go back and start waving my finger in an admonishing manner (not that it will get me anywhere, of course).

I wish you lived in my neighborhood delidelicious. I always want to buy either a tray of those muffins or the scones, but my wife finds them too sweet and fattening (they are both), so she nixes the purchase, even though I always remind her that they’ll keep for a long time in the freezer.

Incidentally, to go along with your muffins I just bought a great item in Costco last week. A box of 50 individual cup servings of drip coffee. You open the individual sealed package, pull out the coffee bag (looks like a tea bag), unfold the cardboard hooks to set it up over your cup, and slowly pour boiling water into it. True, it’s not as great as Starbucks and it’s only individual servings, but if you’re trying to cut back on your coffee consumption (as I am) it’s just fine, the flavor is perfectly adequate (better than Mr. Brown or 3 in 1 instant packets) and it works out to just NT$10 / cup. They’ve got a few types.

Erm, are you sure about this Toasty? When my other half got a card they said I couldn’t have one because we weren’t married. If this is not the case then I’m going to go back and start waving my finger in an admonishing manner (not that it will get me anywhere, of course).[/quote]

My gf and I split a membership and we aren’t married. If they give you grief, tell them you were married overseas and ask if they would like to see the Foreign documents in English! :smiley:

It used to be easy to split a card (when Costco first opened they were just giving out cards left and right), but now you need to show a marriage certificate for someone to get a second card.

MT

I have it on pretty good authority that they keep for months without freezing. For example in a display case in a restaurant often frequented by Forumosans! “They just don’t go off, so why replace them?” is the logic used.

I used to wave the card in front of them as I went in and they didn’t really look at the pic, but recently they’ve been asking to see to pic; still just a cursory glance at it, but they do actually routinely look now, at least at the store I go to.

As for splitting things, some packages are so big that a single person or even a couple might not be able to use that much. So if anyone is interested in splitting things, perhaps you could post what you want and times you can go, and maybe others can join you there. Might be a nice way to meet some fellow 'mosans, too.

I wish you lived in my neighborhood delidelicious. I always want to buy either a tray of those muffins or the scones, but my wife finds them too sweet and fattening (they are both), so she nixes the purchase, even though I always remind her that they’ll keep for a long time in the freezer.

Incidentally, to go along with your muffins I just bought a great item in Costco last week. A box of 50 individual cup servings of drip coffee. You open the individual sealed package, pull out the coffee bag (looks like a tea bag), unfold the cardboard hooks to set it up over your cup, and slowly pour boiling water into it. True, it’s not as great as Starbucks and it’s only individual servings, but if you’re trying to cut back on your coffee consumption (as I am) it’s just fine, the flavor is perfectly adequate (better than Mr. Brown or 3 in 1 instant packets) and it works out to just NT$10 / cup. They’ve got a few types.[/quote]

hey now let’s discuss this :smiley:, I’m in Taipei. Was just at the Jung HO Costco today eyeing the chocolate ones… 12 for 198nt but I just know, even if they go on the freezer if i have that mean I’ll be a pig and eateateat them all :stuck_out_tongue:

YOU DON’T NEED TO FREEZE THEM!

Honestly doesn’t anyone read my posts?

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]YOU DON’T NEED TO FREEZE THEM!

Honestly doesn’t anyone read my posts?[/quote]

Back home (pacific northwest) I never had to freeze them either. Just keep them in a closed container to keep them from going stale.

But, in Taiwan??? It is much hotter here and also the humidty is way higher too. Mold grows the second after you clean it up. So perhaps freezing would ensure ultimate freshness?

I’m going to go for the membership after next payday (tomorrow) and will be doing a costco run sometime later this week. [color=darkblue]If anyone wants to tag along and split bulk items or even a box or two of muffins, PM me and we can arrange for a group outing to costco[/color]. I don’t have a car, so I would be relying on public transport or a taxi…if you have a car great! That solves the problem of how to get a big load of groceries home.

which one you planning on going to? nei hu shi jr or jung ho

I bough a tray of those damn things once and even tho it occupied what seems like the tiniest part of the trolley, there was enough to feed a whole forumosa HH I reckon.

I get fat just walking into costco.

Costco comes from America. Fat Americans come from America.

QED.

Dont know yet…still figuring that one out. WHich is easiest to get to from the Muzha area?