Costco Thread 2019

It is my favorite area too. I am not allowed over there either along with my kid :stuck_out_tongue:
Mom’s rule.

Take that, patriarchy!

3 Likes

I get my protein at the organic store. Costco is for cheese, ham, guacamole.

With the amount of protein I eat, I need costco wholesale.

What organic store do you go to?

Cottonfields mostly, but there is a new one in the hood that also carries organic beef. Tianho ocassionally, mostly for lunch.

1 Like

Has anyone seen Costco’s chocolate gnache cake at any of the locations recently?

Beitou did recently.

Beitou is usually quite relaxing early on a weekday.

1 Like

I’ve actually found Friday evenings around 5~7pm a good time to go to XiZhi, not too many people and most seem to be there to buy things and not just to block up the aisles.

Looks like I need to switch to Friday night grocery shopping.

Costco Hsinchu has got an area set aside upstairs for massaging recliners. Just in time for CNY.

I went early this morning and it was astonishingly bereft of nappers. There were some crumbles about - probably bits of Losartan - and some samples of savory, sticky rice on little paper plates strewn about on the floor nearby and that showed signs of being well gummed.

Anyway, I may head back later this evening as I wouldn’t want to miss what is sure to be a napping frenzy up there.

Anyone know if Costco sells Red Bull?

I checked at Guandu Costco and did not see anything.

Yes, upstairs and stacked against the back wall. By the case. Not the sugar-free stuff, though, just the regular. Also cases of Monster (green variety).

1 Like

Sounds like you’re a regular customer of Costco Red Bulls (or Monsters)

Thanks!

1 Like

Honestly, I’m so spoiled in US and UK where everything ‘diet’ or sugar free is available. In Taiwan, nada.

The only softdrinks I see them selling that is ‘diet’ or sugar free is Coke Zero.

1 Like

What about beer?

Thankfully. We got plenty of poison but not those yet.

1 Like

Sold out at Costco, because 27 pounds (12.25 kilos) of any cheesy food with “a 20-year shelf life” must be good.

1 Like

Has anyone seen this at Costco here?

Don’t give them ideas…

Don’t forget to grab a plate so you can grab a mountain of onion to bring home.
Whoops didn’t notice bojack already said that.

1 Like

Went to the Neihu Costco twice in the last week. While there’s a ton of people inside, the wait for check out was very fast - less than 5 minutes.