Costco Thread 2021

Has anyone succeed in signing up online (for online ordering / delivery) with an American Costco membership (in my case associated with the Costco Citi card)? I’m blocked at sign-up with a non-specific error:

Please contact customer service staff for assistance, customer service phone number 449-9909 (for local calls, please dial without the area code, and for mobile calls, please add 02)

If you buy a lot and have lots of people to get points, it’s a great deal.

Downside is that you need photo ID and the card when checking out.

Why do you need photo ID? The card has your photo.

Probably fraud prevention.

I’ve used it several times and never been asked for ID.

I was told by Costco customer support that Costco membership cards from overseas can only be used for shopping in their warehouses. Costco gas stations and online shopping only accept local Costco membership cards…

1 Like

Question for those of us who shop Costco abroad: how do you pay now that they broke up with American Express? Do they take all credit cards?

For the life of me I can’t recall what I did use in US, Canada and Japan I paid cash, but that limits my range. Websites are not clear. Any ideas?

I know, I know, we ain’t going nowhere for a while, but one can dream…

me neither. Use it once a week.

Is yours linked to more than one credit card account or just yours?

I used it with cash and card.

Card that I used is actually my wife’s. She was in the store but in the bathoom or some other place and I managed to grab an empty line and get things done before she returned.

We don’t look anything alike.

1 Like

Anyone tried the chicken pot pie in the food court yet? Any good?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Costco in the US accepts any Visa cards, but then I have never tried to pay with a card issued in Taiwan… Costco in Taiwan only accepts Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi from the US. I have not had any luck with any other Visa card issued by a US bank.

1 Like

Once we tried to use our Costco-branded credit card in a US Costco, it was the only place in town we couldn’t use it.

1 Like

I can’t recall which card we used in the US, but my stepmom managed to buy over 500 USD of goods. That I recall very clearly. :eek:

Oh and it was a Taiwan issued credit card.

Hopefully she is of the good and not the evil variety.

Question: Trying to register Costo.com.tw online account. Can I use my US membership?

You must have a Taiwan Costco membership card to order on Costco.com.tw, but there is also the payment aspect…you have to use a Co-branded Costco/Cathay credit card. (there may be one additional Cathay credit card that can be used)

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

What’s going on with eggs all of a sudden?

Costco used to have 30-packs of eggs. Last week they only had ten-packs and had a limit of one package per card. Yesterday they didn’t have eggs at all.

Is there a nationwide egg shortage? Did Shih An Farms decide to go into automotive chipmaking instead of egg farming?

1 Like