Costco Thread 2021

I never seen Hennessy for less than 2000 anywhere.

You should be able to get a bottle of Dewar’s or a young Dalmore for way below $2k at 洋酒城.

Hennessy is cognac. You can probably find a VSOP for less than $2k too.

2 Likes

The one in Xizhi sells Bunnahabhain (around 800 nt), Kirkland blended scotch (huge 1.75 liter bottle for about 1,000 nt), JW Black, Glenmorangie 10 (1.5 liter bottle for around 1,300 nt), and one or two others I can’t remember. They also have very good whiskies sold for a short period around the holidays. You don’t need to spend more than 1,000 for good scotch, and more than 1,500 nt for damn good whisky. Not in Taiwan, anyway.

Edit: 1L bottle of Singleton Glen Ord 12 year for about 1,400 nt is also sold on a continuous basis (not only during holidays) at the Xizhi Costco.

1 Like

Finally managed to get unsalted butter at Costco Neihu. Only 4 packs left when I arrived though, limited to one per customer, and already sold out.

2 Likes

Président is a French dairy brand owned by Lactalis of Laval, Mayenne.

Carrefour carries some products like cream, butter, cheeses

I got used to salted butter. Lol.

Any Ancient Grains granola lovers here? It poofed for 2 years, came back, and now smells/tastes like plastic. What happened?!

I’ve always used my US Costco card as both my husband and I are on it. I even got a Cathay Costco card.
To order online, you have to register your card and your ARC (or APRC), however it does not work. As far as I can tell, it is not a ID number problem but a Costco problem. Has anyone ever transferred their membership to Taiwan to do online shopping here?

You have a Taiwan Cathay Costco credit card, but only a US Costco membership?

yes

I’m surprised you could get that! Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you about transferring the membership, I’ve been thinking about transferring as well but haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

It’s a weird day when banks are nicer than Costco. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would switch to a TW Costco card. They’re way cheaper than the US cards

I just paid in October for my card. It includes both my husband and I. Maybe next year?

The only reason I’ve hesitated is that I have the US Citi Costco credit card, and I think they’ll probably cancel the card if I transfer to Taiwan. But not sure :man_shrugging:

for how long you can keep it on frigde?

Not sure - maybe several months? The best before date on mine is March 5.

Almost forever

Continued: Costco Thread 2022