Costco Thread 2021

Also to be fair, I know some mom’s back home that come from affluent families and still grab all the ketchup and mustard and salt and pepper and jelly and anything else available on the table. Before they leave.

Anyone know if the Zhonghe branch has milk again? They were out of stock the last two times I went (a couple of weeks ago).

I’ve only ever seen locals do it. Always at least one who steals all the onions while people line up behind to put them on their Hot Dogs (or for a mountain on their salad or single slice of pizza). At least once a trip someone stealing a large amount declares 沒了! to no one in particular, after making off with at least 5 onions worth. I wonder if it’s because they don’t want to chop their own onions or if it’s an entitlement thing. Like they paid 1,200 for their membership and therefore “need” to get their money’s worth on onions. Or if it’s a “rich people are the stingiest and most entitled people there are” kind of thing

2 Likes

A foreigner drinking onions?

I was wondering the first time. Then I watched him not use his big unlimited refill cup for drinks, but instead fill with onions, put the carry-out lid on top, and walk away.

1 Like

Actually a lot more subtle than the granny’s plate of “condiments”.

1 Like

Also, probably easier to store and also less chance of a mess in the event of package failure

1 Like

Costco just started selling these “newly dead” skeletons - three months before Halloween!

4 Likes

And they’re almost 4K? If you buy it, everyone will know you shopped at Costco and have no idea how to come up with your own Halloween decor.

I think all of my friends and relatives would totally (and accurately) guess both of these things about me anyway!

6 Likes

any other Halloween stuff? I ask only because Costco tends to sell some really nice (quality) Christmas stuff whereas you can only get absolute crap from Shoppee and Taobao, which never really puts me in the holiday spirit. I say that while also realizing the only halloween decor I’ve bought was a “zombie crossing” sign for the dorm lounge in college…

1 Like

I noticed Costco started allowing indoor dining but at much reduced capacity.

I really do not think my neighbors will take kindly if I put this up for Ghost Month…

…as tempting as it is.

3 Likes

Just put some Christmas lights around it.

5 Likes

My Christmas lights are up all year long. I am practically local.

6 Likes

There were times I was disappointed by Costco’s offer but not this time. This time I was blessed with beautiful juicy Taiwanese duck breasts for 289NT$/kg. Cannot recommend them enough!

Here you can see one I made with sweet red wine sauce and sautéed mushrooms and potatoes.

7 Likes

Does Costco sell Turkey Breast slices? I haven’t seen those in Taiwan.

No, whole cooked breasts though.

2 Likes

Anywhere else then? Those seem non-existent in Taiwan. The only place I’ve seen them is at Subway, lol.

Maybe Willie’s in Tienmu?