Costco Thread 2022

I don’t know about a US credit card part but I did ask customer service about the requirement for a Taiwanese Costco card because I wanted to order some things online.

When you wrote apple products, I was like if they are gone off or taste weird, return them. I did with apple juice.

Three years? You’re taking the piss.

Oh….Apple phones etc.

1 Like

Costco finds today…
Marshmallow Brownies
Strawberry cream filled croissants
Mini gingerbread men
Butter Toffee Cashews

3 Likes

Normally three strawberry and three custard. Delicious.

1 Like

Buying Apple computers at Costco USA w/ a Costco visa card can get 4 years warranty for free (vs. 3 for purchasing Apple Care), check out this reddit thread: Reddit - Dive into anything

I meant three years was taking the piss when I thought you were trying to return apple food products.

Of course you should return electronics if under warranty.

1 Like

For a second or two, I thought he was talking about apples as well :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Quality street is in stock 599 for 800 odd grams. Expensive, but reminds me of being a kid.

Has anyone ever bought the (I assume) locally produced tilapia fillets, NOT the Kirkland brand but these:

Are they boneless? It doesn’t say on the sign with the price.

Alternatively, is the Kirkland brand which is boneless at all spiced or cooked before freezing?

If you special order a cake at Costco, where do you pick it up?
You pick it up yourself from a fridge behind the kiosk?

Fillets should be boneless, unless someone has fucked up.

3 Likes

At the bakery section of the store where you placed the order.
Just bring the papers with you and present to the clerk. They’ll bring you the cake and you pay to the cashier at the exit.

I’ve found that lots of so-called “filets” here at Costco TW have some bones in them.

That said, I think we got that tilapia once and found it boneless, but otherwise underwhelming.

There will be pin bones occasionally. Very unlikely with tilapia, though. I’ve never come across anything approaching a bone in a tilapia fillet.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever found tilapia that is otherwise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I quite like tilapia. It needs other flavours, but it’s pretty versatile and has a nice texture.

1 Like

That’s fair. I like it too.

In fact, that’s made up my mind about what to cook tomorrow night. Thai green curry with tilapia.

3 Likes

Good choice. I may have to make a farang-style gaeng som with some soon

1 Like

If you read that out loud, it’s hard to discern where the Thai stops and the English starts.

2 Likes