Costco Thread 2022

Yes, don’t you love this tactic?

“Hello, who’s calling? What’s your name?”

Click. Dial tone.

Works every time.

3 Likes

I’m ready for the Advent!

10 Likes

So, this is Cathay ending their contract with Costco? I wonder what the new Costco card company will be.

I was going to get the beer advent, but it was just too damn heavy… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Rumours say fubon

2 Likes

That appears to be the case, but not until August of next year.

3 Likes

Good news is that it gets lighter every day.

2 Likes

If anyone feels tempted to try the new raspberry tarts in the freezer section, I give them my personal endorsement. Don’t remember the exact price now, just that they were on the high end for 5 pieces, but they’re sizable and quite tasty. Made in France. Will buy again.

2 Likes

Oooooooooo Can’t wait to try them! Are we having a forumosa rasberry tart party at your house @Typhun ?

Costco has a selection of air purifiers in deep discount for their Black Friday sale (11/21-11/28). I snatched up the last Winix Zero at my warehouse for NT$5399 (NT$1500 off) today – just this item alone pays for my membership fee already…

3 Likes

You should buy two and pay for somebody else’s membership fee too!

Beef rolls are no more! To be replaced by pork rolls because “Taiwanese people eat more pork” despite having been eating beef rolls for 20 years…

Well they will eat more pork if they put pork in everything. Guess beef is getting expensive

2 Likes

Quite a few locals on Facebook complaining that they’re stuffed with fatty pork and not particularly nice, Costco are already saying they’ll be experimenting with different fillings so not off to a great start!

I don’t know if this is the worst news that Taiwan has given me, or actually something not that bad. I may not gain some weight thanks to it.

1 Like

What is a “beef roll”?

3 Likes

Are these “beef rolls” sold in the deli the same thing you can buy in the frozen foods section, called Chicken Bakes and Beef Bakes?

Similar but freshly made

1 Like

Just got a phone call from someone at my local Costco telling me about their current promotions and asked me and my family to visit them soon. That was weird. Is this a regular thing with the Costco in Taiwan? It had never occurred to me in the US all the years I was a member…