Cottage cheese

This is an emergency. I need some cottage cheese by saturday and i can’t make it by myself with the local milk (i tried). Jason used to have some but seems to have run out of it. Are there other places in Taipei i could get some cottage cheese? Please? :help: :notworthy:

Have you tried Wellman’s and Breeze?

Now, why didnt i think of Breeze! :blush: Will check it out tomorrow. what is wellman though?

Wellman’s is a well-stocked, hole-in-the-wall import grocery store in Tianmu:

Wellman’s Market
472 Zhongshan North Road, Section 6,
between an oriental carpets place and a Subway (now Subber?), and just south of TAS
Tel: 2871-4454

They specialize in all the things expats want, like Graham Crackers, tortillas, PAM no-stick spray, cream cheese, refried beans, pie fillings, wild rice, etc. Well worth a trip.

You may also be able to find it at the American Club (ACC). I don’t know if the shop is for members only. You can expect it to be expensive but of a high quality.

What about this…bring 1L of milk almost to the boiling point, then take off the heat and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar? Doesn’t look so much like cottage cheese, but it tastes like it.

Of course, if I’m creating some kind of chemical reaction that’s going to give me stomach cancer or something please let me know.

Thanks everyone for your help! i found it finally at jasons but it wasnt really good. Maybe the only way is still to make it myself. Dangerousapple, i will tell you of the results if i survive them of course :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Wellman’s is a well-stocked, hole-in-the-wall import grocery store in Tianmu:

Wellman’s Market
between an oriental carpets place and a Subway (now Subber?), and just south of TAS

They specialize in all the things expats want, like Graham Crackers, tortillas, PAM no-stick spray, cream cheese, refried beans, pie fillings, wild rice, etc. Well worth a trip.[/quote]

That’s true.

Just be certain to check the expiration date on dry foods and stuff.

[quote="Wellman’s is a well-stocked, hole-in-the-wall import grocery store in Tianmu:

Wellman’s Market

They specialize in all the things expats want, like Graham Crackers, tortillas, PAM no-stick spray, cream cheese, refried beans, pie fillings, wild rice, etc. Well worth a trip.[/quote]

Again, thank you! :notworthy: Now that i am moving to Tienmu, i will definitely check it out!

Cottage Cheese is available most of the time in City Super in The Mall attached and below the Far Eastern Plaza Hotel. Check the expiration dates though and pick you tub from the back. They sometimes have some with chives in.

Bob

Anyone know where to find low-fat cottage cheese aside from places you need a membership card like Costco?

Much Obliged…

bump for merge

May 2009 EDIT: The DIY baking store next to the Minquan bridge in Taibei has LOWFAT cottage cheese, NT$120 for 200 grams.

Directions:
As you’re driving East down Minquan (Minquan) E Rd towards Neihu, after passing the aquarium shops and crossing Fuyuan St. (the last street IMMEDIATELY before the bridge), instead of getting on the bridge, take the low road parallel to the bridge on the south (right) side. Go a short block, past a Buddhist supply shop, just past a Bridgestone tire shop; turn right onto 富錦街, and go about 50 meters, and the shop is on your left. 義興西點原料行 is the shop name; the address is 富錦街574巷2號 Fujin St., Lane 574, #2. Phone 2760-8115. Open 9a-9p; closed Sundays.

The Carrefour in my neighborhood has cottage from time to time. But, I do not always count on
finding it. How I wish TESCO was still here!!!

If you want to make homemade, you could also put lemon juice instead of the vinegar.

A good recipe to explain how to make it is at www.recipezaar.com Recipe #46595.
Hope this works for you.

Does anyone know for sure if Costco has cottage cheese?
I’ve checked my local Carrefour and Wellcome and came up empty handed.

I don’t remember ever seeing it.

Ditto. Try Wellman’s.

Wellman’s Market
472 Zhongshan North Road, Section 6

Is this location the only one?

Yes.

Dang.
That’s a long trek.
I wonder if City Super still carries it?

If you put your location in your profile, someone might be able to recommend a source near you.