Could any of you lovely Danish folk help me with some words?

I hate freeloaders, but here I am asking if any Danes here could maybe help me out with a few words that I need to translate into Danish (erm it’s for an electronic product). Feel free to ask me questions about the context. In my defence I’ve had to translate over a hundred words/phrases into 9 languages and have tried my best to do most of it myself (Taffy’s help notwithstanding).

They are:

1. Are you sure?
  2. Display Style (as in “style of display”)
  3. Power Saving
  4. Reset factory defaults
  5. Done (as in “finished”/“complete”)
  6. Target Invalid
  7. Failed
  8. Disk Full
  9. File Not Found
    10.Target Read-Only

Thanks a lot to anyone who can be bothered helping me out.
(I may add 3 or 4 more expressions, but not more than that).

[quote=“irishstu”]I hate freeloaders, but here I am asking if any Danes here could maybe help me out with a few words that I need to translate into Danish (erm it’s for an electronic product). Feel free to ask me questions about the context. In my defence I’ve had to translate over a hundred words/phrases into 9 languages and have tried my best to do most of it myself (Taffy’s help notwithstanding).

They are:

1. Are you sure?
  3. Power Saving
  6. Target Invalid
  7. Failed
  8. Disk Full
  9. File Not Found
    10.Target Read-Only

(I may add 3 or 4 more expressions, but not more than that).[/quote]

Stu, might be worth waiting for Mr He to do it properly, as he is a native of the tongue, but below would be my guess.

1. Er du sikker?
  2. Display Smag
  3. Kraft Besparelse
  4. Reset fabrik standarder
  5. færdig
  6. Indskyde Invalid
  7. slået fejl or mislykkedes
  8. Disk Fuld
  9. Fil Ikke Oprette
  10. Indskyde Læse - Bare

I’m Danish on my father’s side. Unfortunately I didn’t inherit the language gene! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“irishstu”]I hate freeloaders, but here I am asking if any Danes here could maybe help me out with a few words that I need to translate into Danish (erm it’s for an electronic product). Feel free to ask me questions about the context. In my defence I’ve had to translate over a hundred words/phrases into 9 languages and have tried my best to do most of it myself (Taffy’s help notwithstanding).

They are:

1. Are you sure?
  3. Power Saving
  6. Target Invalid
  7. Failed
  8. Disk Full
  9. File Not Found
    10.Target Read-Only

(I may add 3 or 4 more expressions, but not more than that).[/quote]

Stu, might be worth waiting for Mr He to do it properly, as he is a native of the tongue, but below would be my guess.

1. Er du sikker?
  2. Display Smag
  3. Kraft Besparelse
  4. Reset fabrik standarder
  5. færdig
  6. Indskyde Invalid
  7. slået fejl or mislykkedes
  8. Disk Fuld
  9. Fil Ikke Oprette
  10. Indskyde Læse - Bare[/quote]

Traveller, thanks a million for that.

Stu, i have told Mr He about this thread, but know he is busy, but i would rather you waited for him, especially if this is going on some user manual etc. He is a native Dane.

Stu, I have told Mr He about this thread, but know he is busy, but I would rather you waited for him, especially if this is going on some user manual etc. He is a native Dane.[/quote]

No worries, I’ll wait till tomorrow morning. To be honest, them asking me to do this, even though I don’t speak a WORD of Danish has annoyed me enough to not care if some of the translations are a bit iffy. I don’t want to waste anyone’s valuable time on this, but if anyone does provide anything, I’m very grateful. I do have to provide something after all, and if it turns out to be even close to accurate, that’s a huge bonus.

I should mention that the French and Spanish translations will be bloody marvelous!

OK, as mentioned I have a final few questions…

1. “PC Connected” (In other languages I’ve been translating as “connected to computer”. I think that’s fine.)
  2. “5 files copied”
  3. “5 files deleted”
  4. How can I define between Traditional and Simplified Chinese? I know (I think) Chinese is “Kinesisk”. Is “Kinesisk (T)” and “Kinesisk (E)” acceptable?

Thanks again for any and all help. These are the last questions, I promise.

[quote=“irishstu”]OK, as mentioned I have a final few questions…

1. “PC Connected” (In other languages I’ve been translating as “connected to computer”. I think that’s fine.)
  2. “5 files copied”
  3. “5 files deleted”
  4. How can I define between Traditional and Simplified Chinese? I know (I think) Chinese is “Kinesisk”. Is “Kinesisk (T)” and “Kinesisk (E)” acceptable?

Thanks again for any and all help. These are the last questions, I promise.[/quote]

OK, I think I may have got somewhere. Now’s the time to tell me if these are terrible:

1. “PC samlet”
  2. Still stuck on this because of “copied” (“5 files” is “5 arkiv” I think)
  3. Still stuck on this because of “deleted” (“5 files” is “5 arkiv” I think)
  4. “tradisjonell kinesisk” and “forenklet kinesisk”, so hopefully “Kinesisk (T)” and “Kinesisk (F)” are acceptable.

Again, thanks if you can help me finish this off.

Mijn luchtkussenvoertuig zit vol paling

Why has Meester He been so ungenerous with this simple request?

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Mijn luchtkussenvoertuig zit vol paling

HG[/quote]

I think he’s probably nursing a rather achy head right now.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Mijn luchtkussenvoertuig zit vol paling

HG[/quote]

Hey HGC, you should enjoy this link (assuming you don’t already have it, which you might): hjem.get2net.dk/niels_quist/ausdan.htm

Oh god, are they preparing for the invasion or has it already started?

But we should be able to spot them, I found a couple of errors. Quicker than a cut snake?

HG

Erm… anyone? :frowning:
I just need two expressions now:

1. “5 files copied”
  2. “5 files deleted”

I have to hand it in today. Pretty please?

OK. never mind. I’m going to go with:

1. 5 filer kopieret
  2. 5 filer slettet

Submitting now…

How do you say, Mr He is a mean-spirited bastard, in Danish?

HG