Could Forumosa do automatic news feeds from Taiwan News & CNA?

Too true!

And ten of the recent top 20 are yank politics threads.

It’s getting worse. :sunglasses:

Taiwan content should be prioritized, even from Taiwan News.

3 Likes

FIFY. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have talked about hiding certain content from new (Trust Level 0) users or at least from unregistered users, like we do with Temp. I think we should revisit this idea.

2 Likes

I really think so. The other day I checked forumosa from a computer that didn’t recognize my log-in, and I realized this looks like a site that’s mainly about American politics. Right now if I use a private window, six out of the ten latest threads are about (mainly) American politics. First-time passers-by will hardly know the site is even about Taiwan. I dunno, maybe it drives traffic, but do we want to attract those who get angry about American politics, and repel those who are more interested in Taiwan and want to avoid yet another politics sh*t-show?

(And I once again express my gratitude that Discourse software lets users just mute an entire forum!)

5 Likes

Sure?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/4667-astrological-sign.html

It’s so bad that even with IP and USP muted the bleed outs still litter the feed. Every little flame war ends up in temp.

2 Likes

I don’t participate in most American politics discussions here because I can get it from somewhere else.

2 Likes

Yeah, Temp’s been on and off my mute list. Muted for a while when it was the, er, crazy spice mix guy show, currently unmuted, but that may change soon.

1 Like