Could this thief be idiot of the year?

As a Manchester lad myself… this really does not surprise me :laughing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/4169288.stm

A couple of years ago there was a criminal genius who ordered a pizza and then robbed the pizza delivery guy on his own doorstep.

…and then, also in Manchester (Sorry Funk500), was the guy who went in to rob a bank. He burst in through the door and held what looked like a gun at the cashiers.
Of course, the security shutters went up and he was alone in the bank.
He went to walk out of the door and pushed it but it wouldn’t budge. He tried kicking it, hitting it and running at it but it just would not move.

Thinking that he had been locked in the bank by security doors he resigned himself to a legnthy spell in jail and waited for police arrival. About a minute later, an old woman with shopping bags entered the bank through the door he was trying to exit through.

All he needed to have done was pull the door :unamused: He promptly ran off but was caught by police within seconds.

And all this caught on camera :bravo:

Personally I think idiot of the year has to be the guy in the States who visited a farm specifically run for and open to people who are into animal fucking, who then proceeded to get fucked in the ass by a horse, rupturing his colon and killing him.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]…and then, also in Manchester (Sorry Funk500), was the guy who went in to rob a bank. He burst in through the door and held what looked like a gun at the cashiers.
Of course, the security shutters went up and he was alone in the bank.
He went to walk out of the door and pushed it but it wouldn’t budge. He tried kicking it, hitting it and running at it but it just would not move.

Thinking that he had been locked in the bank by security doors he resigned himself to a legnthy spell in jail and waited for police arrival. About a minute later, an old woman with shopping bags entered the bank through the door he was trying to exit through.

All he needed to have done was pull the door :unamused: He promptly ran off but was caught by police within seconds.

And all this caught on camera :bravo:[/quote]

Snatch.

Snatch borrowed from real life. That CCTV clip is a classic.

Well one can look at this in two ways:

A) One could be dumber than a two legged stool and still be realllllly high up in the human gene pool.

or

B) You’re surrounded by people like this…

Really? Would you happen to have the link? I’d love to see that.

It’s on cop/ police chase shows all the time. I’ve even seen the clip in Taiwan on TV. It must be about 5 or 10 years ago now.

What does Snatch mean anyway?

I fail to see why his loving animals should cause you to deride him. Now, if you wanted to nominate him for a Darwin Award, that I could see.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]It’s on cop/ police chase shows all the time. I’ve even seen the clip in Taiwan on TV. It must be about 5 or 10 years ago now.

What does Snatch mean anyway?[/quote]
There’s a bookie robbery in the movie Snatch that goes down very similarly to the bank robbery attempt.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]It’s on cop/ police chase shows all the time. I’ve even seen the clip in Taiwan on TV. It must be about 5 or 10 years ago now.
[/quote]

Yup. Dangermouse speaks the truth. It’s real, and I’ve seen it.

I liked the one about the pair of theives who decided to steal an ATM by tying a chain around it, hooking the chain to their pickup truck’s bumper, and peeling out. Of course, it just ripped the bumper off their truck instead. They panicked and fled, not realizing their bumper, chained to the ATM, still had the license plate on it… :laughing: :bravo:

News of the Weird has goodies like this all the time.