Could/Would a Lawyer help? Any Suggestions?

I’ve been working to raise money to get a lawyer to sue the a school I worked for but am wondering if foreigners have any rights here in Taiwan.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD LAWYERS??

I might have worked for the most corrupt school in Taiwan.

They fired me with no warning and nothing they said was true or made any sense. They said that I beat a child and had to leave immediately. When I started asking questions they sidestepped them and used high pressure tactics to try and get me to sign a resignation paper.

I’d try to call and ask them for my pay (I worked Nov 1 through Nov 22 and they refuse to pay me), and for taxes (I worked April first through Nov 22 but I think they’re going to lie to evade taxes, they always paid me in cash), they broke a huge window and said that I did it, they called the cops on me for it, then when I told them that I wanted a lie detector test, they dropped the charges, and then they called the cops again saying that I threatened them. But then said that I was a good foreigner who was just lonely. The only language they speak is threats, psychological warfare and fear.

I’ve also been wondering if I should call every parent in the school (there’s around 50 kids) and tell the truth (I have all the #s).

Any suggestions?

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD LAWYERS??

Please see forumosa.com/kwiki/index.cgi?EmployerDispute for where to get labor arbitration.
You do have rights. Your local labor board will help you.

I wouldn’t bother hiring a lawyer. Any lawyer you hire will likely do fuck all and send you a huge bill. Follow Feiren’s advice and go to the labour board. Also point out to the employer that making baseless accusations to the police in a criminal offence and you WILL require the police to prosecute a criminal libel against them if they repeat the accusation that you beat a child.

However, if they are paying you in cash it would seem you are working illegally and would have to think about fessing up about that. If you are working legally and they are not paying taxes then I would be off to the local tax administration as well.

Don’t put too much faith in the “law” here. It’s who you know that counts, and I would be calling in some favours now if you are owed any.