Counsellor for my wife and I

We’re having a rough patch in our marriage. does anyone have any good ideas on where to go to find relationship counseling? Nearing the end of my rope here. Thanks.

You might find some good leads from the folks at the Community Services Center.

http://www.community.com.tw

Good on you for trying. Best wishes. (Sorry I can’t offer more than a kind word.)

Yes, community centre is the only resource I know of for this. Best of luck to both of you!

Thanks guys. I’ll call them.

You could also try Wenfang Hospital, their Psych Department has a very comprehensive roster of counsellors for outpatients, or used to, anyway.
Almost all speak good English and they’re very much in line with current practices.
At the MRT stop of the same name on the Muzha line.
Good luck.

Did a google for you and came up with this:

www.goh.org.tw/inner_child/Lisen/page/TCC.doc

Please use google translate if you have problem reading the page.

[quote=“the chief”]You could also try Wenfang Hospital, their Psych Department has a very comprehensive roster of counsellors for outpatients, or used to, anyway.
Almost all speak good English and they’re very much in line with current practices.
At the MRT stop of the same name on the Muzha line.
Good luck.[/quote]

Hospital psych department for marriage counselling ? You sure ?

Yes, I reckon the Community Services Centre would be a good bet. Not sure if your wife is Taiwanese or not, I think it would be difficult to get the average Taiwanese to open up to a third party about deeply personal issues.

Anyway, try anything to make it work- and good luck to you.

After marriage it should not be rough for each other. You both should be some religious and try to understand love of each other. I think, one of you both, has some past ideas about another date. There is need to clear the mind from such a ideas.

:roflmao: :roflmao: Well what you say is true…it should not be but it inevitably is.

I am not sure if counselling helps. You could try doing what most men do over there - if she tells you to do something, just do it without asking questions. Disagreement with Taiwanese women will always come up, and it is not worth fighting about it. Just agree to everything. If I were the consellor, that is what I would say. :slight_smile:

I think the younger their age is, the worse they are. A lot of locals told me most of their women are brain damaged.

[quote=“divea”]
:roflmao: :roflmao: Well what you say is true…it should not be but it inevitably is.[/quote]

Yes, I believe that it is. But it can destroy the marriage relationship. Do you want to see your wife stay with another man?

I’ve never heard of councellors working in a hospital before. My sister in law suffers depression and she couldn’t get one.only medicine to cover up her relationship issues.

I’ve never heard of councellors working in a hospital before. My sister in law suffers depression and she couldn’t get one.only medicine to cover up her relationship issues.[/quote]

Hence my pointing out Wenfang as being unique among other hospitals.
Counsellors in Taiwan are mostly Med School grads, so they work from the outpatient system.
I have had at least two close friends who attended regular counselling there, and they were very conservative with pharmaceutical provision, unlike most other hospitals here.

[i]Classic Quote Nominee[/i]…Should be a front page Sticky.

[quote=“Joeman_0”]I am not sure if counselling(sp) helps. You could try doing what most men do over there - if she tells you to do something, just do it without asking questions. Disagreement with Taiwanese women will always come up, and it is not worth fighting about it. Just agree to everything. If I were the consellor(sp), that is what I would say. :slight_smile:

I think the younger their age is, the worse they are. A lot of locals told me most of their women are brain damaged.[/quote]

How are things at the moment?

Things are a lot better. Wife’s sister found someone for us at her church.

a counsellor? or someone with a religious slant?

I think she’s a student working on her masters degree. Not into the religious thing but a think she’s a member there. I never really know what’s going on and I don’t ask a lot of questions. I kinda like it that way.

Hi Nameless - I’m happy you guys found some form of counseling.

Re: the Community Center - I do know of a friend who has benefited from the counseling. I believe they do the work on a sliding scale, which is good for budgets.

I’ve had counseling in Taiwan before with a private therapist and it was NT$ 2 500 a shot. She was awesome though, so I forgave her the money.

If I hear of others needing help though, I’ll keep in mind the chief’s Wanfeng suggestion.

From friends’ reactions, I know Taiwan isn’t fully up for accepting therapy as a viable alternative yet, but I think things are changing for the better and counseling will be more readily available in the future.