šŸ˜· COVID - [2021] "Good" Quarantine experiences / hotel reviews / ratings / recommendations?

I was hoping to return in December- shit

1 Like

Iā€™m in a quarantine hotel now, halfway through my quarantine.

It has a balcony, and thatā€™s a huge plus for me. Being able to go outside and watch the hustle and bustle on the street below helps take away from that feeling of confinement.

Thereā€™s also a Japanese toilet (heated seat, bidet, etc.), which is very nice too.

3 Likes

If you book directly at the hotel or via the government, cancellation / rebooking should be free until the day of arrival. Using a booking portal might give you a different cancellation policy.

https://sp1.hso.mohw.gov.tw/ccqs/en/index.php

3 Likes

Thanks. Had I known that cancellation is free I would have booked pretty early.

Care to share the name of the hotel?

Also how much is the rate per night?

Shit. Hope they allow home quarantine again at som e point. Would significantly reduce the load on the quarantine hotels.

1 Like

I hope so too.

It depends how the plague looks like by December, I guess. Let us pray to the old gods and the new. That would be a great help for everyone planning to go abroad.

1 Like

At this point, I donā€™t even mind staying at the governmentā€™s facility.

2000TWD a night? As long as the room comes with its own toilet and itā€™s clean, just tell me where to sign up.

1 Like

Except the owners of those hotels are chilling in their vaults like Scrooge McDuck, counting their gold. They want the load more than anything in the whole world

2 Likes

I had to put 50% upfront non-refundable.

Check out Freedom Design Hotel in Taoyuan. Good place with great service.

1 Like

So it turns out Iā€™ve completely misunderstood the rules and because Iā€™m coming from the UK, I get to stay in a ā€œfreeā€ government internment facility. Woohoo!

Followup question: it says on the website that this means I do not need to book a place. Since the website seems to be another of those constructed by some ministerā€™s 8-year-old niece, Iā€™m not sure I trust this information. How do they ensure that people who literally just turn up at the airport have a place to go? Why would they forego an opportunity to make people spend hours filling in pointless booking forms?

Has anyone arrived from the UK and been whisked off to their cell without any need for booking formalities?

3 Likes

Iā€™d also like to know this.
Iā€™ll be coming from UK also hopefully December and I canā€™t find a link to book so I can give code to confirm booking.

Thanks for the link @qwert_zuiop

But the link states arrivals from U.K should not reserveā€¦

1 Like

Yes, I did last week.
About the quarantine entry form. Youā€™re supposed to fill it in within 48 hours of departure, at check in they will ask to see it. However you will probably end up filling it in again upon arrival in Taiwan. Youā€™re supposed to get a text when you arrive but that didnā€™t happen for me and for others on my flight. Instead the people that met us at the airport ended up filling in the forms for us allšŸ˜. All 15 of us from UK and Indonesia.
You can guess the form is a bit messy to fill in anyway but itā€™s not too long. When all thatā€™s done just go through passport control, get your baggage and then you will be put on a bus.
After that thereā€™s some more form filling where you will be staying.

2 Likes

Yes thank you, your right I read as non government quarantine hotel only.
My mistake.

Do you have a link to the ā€œquarantine entry formā€? I assume that basically says that youā€™re arriving within X hours and its up to the govā€™t to sort out the rest?

Thanks. I checked the website, and there doesnā€™t seem to be availability for the date that I want :frowning:

https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/Default1?openExternalBrowser=1

Once youā€™ve completed the form it will ask you to save the very last page. Itā€™s this page you show to the check in desk. Upon arrival in Taiwan you are supposed to receive a text message. But donā€™t worry if you donā€™t they will be be waiting for you. They will either help you fill in the form again or just do it for you there and then. Honestly with my flight the quarantine people wasted an hour doing this because nobody got this text message on arrival.
After that is done they will give you a test kit with a date on when to do it. I think that one is for when youā€™re doing the self health management after the quarantine. Everything else is organized by them.

1 Like

Youā€™re coming back so soon? I thought you were happily in the UK being unvaccinated and mask-free and growing beetroot or something?

For anyone thinking of going in January, you might want to delay your departure to sometime after the 20th of the month. A couple of hotels I looked at had availability starting from the 20th, but not before.

1 Like