😷 COVID - Covid Quarantine Regulations

At what point does Miss Spelling becomes a distraction… :thinking: :laughing:

2 Likes

shez da wurst

Fixed it for ya. But as a matter of dignity, only fixed half.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. But what I am also against is the discrimination against the poorer countries that want to reproduce the vaccinations because the big pharmaceutical companies have made the COVID vaccine IP, plus the vaccine has been patented. South Africa and India have made proposals to allow for poorer countries to be allowed to reproduce the COVID vaccines, but the Western pharmaceutical companies and Western governments are against it. And because of that, the majority of people in most of these so-called third world countries will never get the vaccines for inoculations. This will also lead to further discrimination against those who can travel and those who can’t travel.

1 Like

If thats true, you know where to vocally boycott next. That is a truly shit thing to do. But we all know pharma and cartels arent really so different.

None of this is about “making sense”, it is about security theater by government officials who can’t do anything useful about this virus so they play make-believe to make all the panicky idiots feel better.

1 Like

Yes, Taiwan has no quarantine exemption for the vaccinated right now regardless of where one flies from.

1 Like

I thought there was a pilot program for 100 people/day where they could only quarantine for 7 days. Has that been rescinded, or am I misremembering?

There was literally a pilot program. Crashed.

4 Likes

Yeah, they probably shouldn’t call it a “pilot program” if they try it a second time – maybe “trial program” would be better.

I went back to the beginning of this thread that I started back in March 8th. One statement I wrote was that I was convinced that the (AstraZeneca) vaccine that arrived in Taiwan is safe.
I have to admit that I am somewhat wrong, because 1 out of every few million people got blood clots as a side effect from the AZ vaccine. The worst side effects were brain hemorrhages, one woman in Edmonton, Canada died from that.

If you look at the updated situation, Taiwan’s COVID-19 numbers have spiked so high within 2 weeks to a point that the whole island is under a level 3 warning, and only 1% of people in Taiwan have been vaccinated with only 1 dose. Compare that to the USA and Canada where the majority of the populations there have been vaccinated with at least 1 does of the vaccine.
So even if I go back to Canada where everything is opening up as a result of vaccinations, I will still have to go through the quarantine restrictions because I am not vaccinated, and I refuse to take the AstraZeneca vaccine. Will they lift the 3-day hotel ripoff stay by July? I don’t know.

Just curious, why would you refuse the AZ vaccine? I got one dose here but am American, and they don’t give that in the US. I would gladly take your place in Canada to get another dose of AZ so I don’t have to start the whole process over in the USA.

He did already say he considers it too dangerous (wrongly, in my opinion):

I assume the intended verb tense should be “I was somewhat wrong”, although, yeah, “I am somewhat wrong” does make it more accurate in my opinion.

1 Like

You weren’t really wrong, you just have to realize that “safety” isn’t a binary thing but rather that every activity is associated with some degree of risk/probability of a bad outcome. Expecting to see absolute, guaranteed safety with anything, including not getting vaccinated and staying at home 100% of the time, isn’t realistic.

I remember that the probability of blood clots (for all blood clots, not only fatal ones) was a bit higher, on the order of 1 in 100,000 (IIRC, can’t be bothered checking). I would still consider that “safe”, personally, just as I consider taking a taxi or going out for a walk safe despite the non-negligible probability of harm associated with those activities.

3 Likes

you need to take into account that, in a day, more than 500 out of 2.5 million people in Taipei got COVID, and covid is a risk factor of blood clots.

1 Like

I just read on the website of my old country’s embassy in Taiwan that the 14 days quarantine is still mandatory for people who fly to Taiwan, even if already vaccinated. This makes no sense. Since I don’t follow the news much, is there any talk about removing this rule to make thing easier for everyone?

You can still be carrying the virus even if quarantined.

2 Likes

In today’s CECC briefing this question was asked.
The answer from Minister Chen was vague, however he did indicate that if Level 3 was relaxed to Level 2 then quarantine relaxation might be possible.

However, I’ve seen press reports that China, New Zealand & Australia are moving toward disallowing quarantine in hotels. In other words, you will need to stay in the special govt facilities. This change is driven by fear of Delta variant easily spreading within a quarantine hotel.
So I fear Taiwan will keep its 2 week quarantine requirement for all incoming travelers.

4 Likes

Think of it as hotel industry stimulus.

4 Likes

A fully vaxed pilot was confirmed positive.

1 Like