šŸ˜· COVID - Covid Tests to take a flight

I found the same price at 4 different central Taipei hospitals.

2 Likes

Youā€™re really getting a lot of tests! :wink:

Seriously though I hope you have a safe trip and I hope you return to Taiwan. Your posts on this board have been consistently awesome.

Guy

Haha. No, I only need one, but thanks to the 24 hour rule, I need it on a Sunday so I was scouring the options. After, I relieved, I screwed up booking a flight on a Monday with a 24 hour testing requirement.

A note for anyone else in this situation: The english version of the testIng webpage for Taiwan Adventist hospital says Sunday appointments are available, but the mandarin version says only Monday - Friday, I called and confirmed that at this time they are not doing appointments on weekends. In the end, I decided to move my flight to Tuesday so I donā€™t have to worry about testing availability. Although, PCR test are readily available on weekends if you have to fly out on Sunday or Monday.

Thanks Guy, for the kind comments about my posts, this community has been really helpful for us during our time here and I hope I was also able to help others in-kind. I am moving back to the US permanently, but Iā€™m sure I will visit again in the future.

4 Likes

Safe journey @BeachBum . Weā€™ll miss you here!

Guy

1 Like

anybody fly out with united airlines? I thought they asked for a pcr test within 3days? or is it 24h? canā€™t find it on their website anywhere.

They operate on the policy of country you are flying to/through, not their own policy. So if UA to SFO, LAX, or other US city, then US federal policy.

If flying to Taiwan, then Taiwan policy.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/restrictions-map.html

4 Likes

looks like its a day beforeā€¦ stupid rules. As if they are going to stop covid from entering the United States. lol.

Am I right that Canada now seems to require no advance test results for vaccinated passengers en route to Canada? Perhaps this makes sense given the amount of COVID already in Canada . . .

Guy

yeah I heard Canada dropped the testing preboarding

Among other things, Australia will no longer require that incoming passengers have pre-departure tests from April 17.

EDIT - Oops, already reported in the Travelling during Covid-19 thread.

1 Like

It just came into effect today.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/canada-border-travel-april-1-1.6403502?cmp=rss

1 Like

Yes, they need to get rid of that rule as there arenā€™t any other restrictions in the US. People have all had it at least once and are fully in the ā€œlive with itā€ phase. But the rule is you still need a negative antigen rapid test within a day of your flight. Too bad Taiwan doesnā€™t seem to have a lot of cheap options for that.

:poop: :poop: :poop: its idiotic at this point.

Agreed. Like many of the restrictions still in place in ahemā€¦certain places.

the fact I need to take a flight test to enter a place over run by covid is hilarious.

3 Likes

Well at least if you catch it in the US you wonā€™t be sent to negative pressure room. You also wonā€™t have to pay to be locked up upon arrival! If you do catch it likely will be very mild, runny nose and headache.
Infection rates are actually relatively low in the US at the momentā€¦the biggest surge in infections is actually happening in places like Germany, France, UK, S Korea right now. You will be OK if you are going there soon. Everyoneā€™s already had it LOL

I think weā€™ve been over this. I know two people that had COVID in Taiwan (while they were in quarantine upon arrival) and both of them were told to and did stay put. Please be aware that spreading COVID misinformation can result in heavy fines in Taiwan. You know now that thatā€™s not the case because Iā€™ve told you itā€™s not the case, but youā€™re still posting the same lie elsewhere on this site.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a useful recap for forumosans planning to travel to Canada:

Guy

Are you spreading misinformation by saying that no one who tests positive is sent to a negative pressure isolation room hospital facility? Because we even had a poster on this forum that had his wife taken to one based on a false positive test. Thanks for letting us all know that you are here to turn people into the authorities if you donā€™t like hearing whatā€™s going on. Iā€™m glad you know two people who are somehow not subject to the rules that seem to be applied to all incoming transit passengers and others considered confirmed contacts though. Luckily Iā€™m not in Taiwan yet so I donā€™t have to worry about the authorities coming and taking me away. Here is info that was sent to me by management regarding where you go if you test positive. This is straight from the CDC and as far as I know it has not changed.

Dear god please leave. Iā€™m saying that not everyone does, because I know people who didnā€™t. Iā€™m not turning people in to the authorities, Iā€™m telling you to stop spreading misinformation.