COVID Humbug! (2022 edition)

That guy was at death’s door. Fucking miracle he survived.

Back home 48 hours later.

I’d be embarrassed if I were him.

2 Likes

2020 articles, still relevant points.

“The COVID-19 crisis has offered corrupt and authoritarian leaders a dangerous combination of public distraction and reduced oversight,” the global anti-corruption group says.

“Corruption thrives when democratic institutions such as a free press and an independent judiciary are undermined; when citizens’ right to protest, join associations, or engage in initiatives to monitor government spending is limited,” Transparency International says.

2 Likes

Several statisticians have noticed that deaths are overwhelmingly associated with specific batch numbers. Nobody cares, of course. There was also some debate over the issue of syringe aspiration, since injecting the stuff into a blood vessel is known to be really, really bad news.

But yeah, if you’re rolling out 10 billion doses of anything then inevitably “mistakes will be made”, and people will die or be injured.

IIRC the US CDC put out a risk-of-death estimate of 2 or 3 per million. That’s almost certainly a lowball, but if you take it at face value then that means that there have been 25,000 deaths as a result of vaccination campaigns, and there was probably only a modest overlap between the group of individuals who did die from vaccination and the group who might have died of COVID. While you might argue that 25,000 deaths is a fair tradeoff for preventing (hypothetically) more deaths, that’s surely a decision to be left to the individual, not enforced by the State.

1 Like

I think everyone knew this was going on. It’s just good to hear it spoken, out in the open.

These people must surely be afraid not just for their jobs, but for their liberty. For the moment the judicial process has been completely co-opted, or at least paralyzed. But like all criminals who think they’ve got a get-out-of-jail-free card, they must have a niggling fear at the back of their minds that it won’t work out as planned, and they won’t get out of jail without at least a lot of legal costs.

I’m not sure why you find that funny. I’m not sure why you follow up all sorts of unfunny things with a ROFL emoji. Frankly I found the gleeful tone of the article disgusting, and it can really only be explained by the author of the piece having something wrong with his head (temporarily, I hope).

Eric Clapton had side-effects of the vaccine which must have been terrifying, and he was mercilessly mocked and gaslighted when he spoke about it. And here they are mocking him again. Can you imagine a piece being written in the 1960s laughing at women giving birth to thalidomide kids? Do you think it would have been funny if people had called them conspiracy theorists, blaming their own genetic abnormalities on a harmless drug? And look at their ugly kids with no arms! LOL.

A similar effect was observed in NZ. This was interesting because NZ is/was supposedly “COVID free”, so the explanation for the deaths, whatever it was, it can’t have been COVID. I can’t remember where I saw it now - I’ll try to find it again.

5 Likes

Dr Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Center for Disease Control, told the media on Friday that the CDC is intending to “pivot the language” regarding the Covid19 vaccines.

Speaking to the press briefing, Dr Walenksy had a very obvious message she really wanted to hammer home :

And what we really are working to do is pivot the language to make sure that everybody is as up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines as they personally could be, should be, based on when they got their last vaccine. So, importantly, right now, we’re pivoting our language . We really want to make sure people are up to date . That means if you recently got your second dose, you’re not eligible for a booster, you’re up to date . If you are eligible for a booster and you haven’t gotten it, you’re not up to date and you need to get your booster in order to be up to date .

(You can watch the full briefing here.)

Warnings about this have been previously given:

2 Likes

Couple of relevant quotes for our times:

“Totalitarianism is a political system in which the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life.” Hanna Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, published in 1951.

“Modern dictators and leaders of totalitarian states have also learned all too well that freedom of speech is their worst enemy that eventually precipitates collapse of despotic regimes.” Alexander Podrabinek, 2014.

4 Likes

It’s like she knows it doesn’t have to make sense anymore. People will just do as they’re told regardless.

Here’s the thingy about NZ deaths.

I’m not really sure what to make of this, without seeing the source data. Guy Hatchard is, frankly, a bit of a crank, and the graph looks too good to be true. When I get a chance I’ll do a bit more digging into this.

1 Like

Will the wardens be able to sue their employer when they test positive (all because of the underclass of course)?

3 Likes

That’s the stupidest shit I heard today, and that’s saying a lot.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

That stuff was bound to happen eventually. Mike Yeadon predicted it well over a year ago in his first video.

I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that (a) almost everyone on the planet has had a dose of COVID and is unlikely to get it again (b) the vaccines clearly don’t work against omicron, yet governments are screeching louder than ever about everyone getting their booster.

And even more baffling, there isn’t a huge upswell of anger saying “WTF is this all about?”. Is there any possible explanation other than a mass delusion, or whatever you want to call it?

3 Likes

Latest Taiwan COVID-19 Post-Vaccination Adverse Event Notification update (1110126):

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/sw-hoU-3XApHKWBxvYmwGw

I wonder if this expert is lying.

5 Likes

Western countries tend to range from 70% to 90%. Eastern Europe tends to range from %50 to %70. Africa still isn’t playing ball.

As of 25 January 2022, 9.95 billion doses of COVID‑19 vaccines have been administered worldwide based on official reports from national public health agencies.[7] By December 2020, more than 10 billion vaccine doses had been preordered by countries,[8] with about half of the doses purchased by high-income countries comprising 14% of the world’s population.[9]

1 Like

Monarchism is the perfect system, as long as the right person gets selected for the job, assuming there even is a right person for the job.

Even in the unlikely event that the right person does get selected, there’s always the problem of succession. Once your exemplary rich person passes (naturally or otherwise), what happens to that private army? It’s not like he trained them for democratization.

I would try to explain what’s wrong with your analogy, but…

KK but the fabric of the universe itself may shatter

Good interview with a Dr who along with others, is taking legal action against the government over mandates for NHS staff:

1 Like

I’m pivoting my language from:

Er…Ok, though its rather against my better judgement

to

Er… No. And you can fuck right off.

1 Like