šŸ˜· COVID - Taiwan | Home Quarantine

I can tell you from personal experience that the old 25,000 persons / week cap was causing genuine trouble: 5000 arrivals / week for every non-Taiwanese airline combinedā€”that was the quota allotted to them allā€”led (at least in my case) to mass cancellations of flights to and from Taiwan. No doubt formal complaints were made. I donā€™t know if the new cap of 40,000 persons / week will solve everything, but I do hope it helps. I need to get back!

Guy

2 Likes

How do obtain approval from Taiwan authorities to stay at personal residence?

I donā€™t think they are checking. I just put in my address. Iā€™m heading to quarantine now. But maybe they auto check and just donā€™t tell you anything if itā€™s approved?

2 Likes

Thank you for that update.

Iā€™ll be returning to Taiwan this weekend.

2 Likes

My recent 3+4 experience returning to Taiwan

Day 1 quarentine, 4pm, received call from Foreign Affairs Police, asked if quarentine ok, if alone one person in residence, if need food and water, said CDC will send me a line message and reply with ā€œ1ā€ if everything is ok

Day 2 quarantine, 10am received text from CECC asking about my health and I replied feel normal

Day 3 quarantine, 10am, received text from CECC asking about my health and I replied feel normal

Day 4 quarantine, started self test at 4pm and completed at 415pm, no covid indicated

Day 5 quarantine, went to store for necessities like food and water

Day 6 quarantine, started self test at 545pm and completed at 6pm, no covid indicated

Day 7 quarantine

10 Likes

Very helpful. Thank you!

Guy

This is basically the reason. Apparently your own door has to have a number on it ie. itā€™s own address

You can call cecc extension 7 for English and confirm with them. Thatā€™s how I did it.

The +4 you can really go out and do what you like as long as you keep your mask onā€¦ No need to semi quarantineā€¦ Cannot sit down in restaurants.
Can eat alone in a room or with social distancing outside. They clarified this sometimes that eating is essential so as long as alone in a room at work or outside in a park far away of others its okay. Just try to avoid like travel.

Some things like if eateries count as restaurants are sometimes confusing. 1911 tells different things in this. Same as which rules prevails on masks in mountain settings (essentially if you ride your bike or hike somewhere remote without mask no one is gonna care. I still would not post pictures on social media of that. Kinda a donā€™t tell donā€™t ask situation).
I would not go into department stores, no expensive restaurants and no bars. Wear mask a bit more ovediently. Donā€™t go to festivals even if outdoors. Thatā€™s about it.

2 Likes

My daughter and I are about to return to Taiwan. On the ā€œFollow quarantine rules & Enjoy your carefree returnā€ pdf it offers two options:

ā€œQuarantine hotelā€ or ā€œOne-person-per-residenceā€.

My wife, who follows the ā€˜rulesā€™ religiously, has been told by a work colleague that ā€œOne-person-per-residenceā€ means that my daughter and I will need to stay at a quarantine hotel for three days. Given the wording this makes logical sense, but I appreciate that the wording on English websites is often open to interpretation and logic went out the window a long time ago.

Does anyone know for sure whether three people could spend their three days of quarantine in separate bedrooms in the same residence, or do I have to look for a quarantine hotel?

When in doubt always trust the chinese wording.

I feel english translation of any government statement seems to be deliberately open to interpretation.

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

Iā€™d have included the English and Chinese files but they are pdfs and Forumosa doesnā€™t appear to accept them.

Convert PDF to JPG and then post the individual pages.

Iā€™m using my parentsā€™ bloody AppleMac, which isnā€™t improving my general mood.

299f2ef8-f111-4172-ad1f-e46d80572312-2.pdf
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Uploads/08086787-7161-4b56-8988-727e0bbba7b8.pdf

1 Like

Are you all residents (ARC/PARC) or citizens (passports)?
If yes, and you arrive on same day, you can stay at your own residence (from own experience).
This was for 4 people to 2 bathrooms and under longer quarantine regulations (x+y) than what luckily youā€™ll get.

2 Likes

Itā€™s really one-group-of-people-arriving-at-the-same-time-per-residence. I have no idea why itā€™s referred to one-person-per-residence - youā€™ll be totally fine if youā€™re arriving with your daughter on the same flight and are staying in separate bedrooms if there is no one else there that did not arrive on your flight.

3 Likes

I phoned the foreign affairs chaps and theyā€™ve confirmed this. Unfortunately, my wife didnā€™t leave the country so either she stays outside the apartment or my daughter and I stay in a quarantine hotel. I have a feeling I know what her decision will be.

Bugger! I didnā€™t think this through.

2 Likes

I thought that anyone could quarantine together in a house. Am I really not expected to feed my kids or see my wife when we all return from abroad? Anyway, fortunately Iā€™m the one most likely to follow rules in my family, and I couldnā€™t care less about this one.

1 Like

Just give her the choice to either quarantine with you or GTFO of the house.