šŸ˜· COVID - Taiwan | Home Quarantine

Thereā€™s a form online to fill out before take off (48 hrs before arrival) wherein they fill out the address of where theyā€™re staying (the selection is something like ā€œpersonal or friends residenceā€) and their tw phone number. Thatā€™s about it. No one is going to come check on you (them) and it seems like not everyone is even getting the phone call. So yeah.

Set up the apartment and give them (quarantinee) the address and ideally they have food and water (or a means to let UberEats in) and you should be good to go

2 Likes

yeah they should be fine. The form did ask for the personā€™s number whose residence it is (if itā€™s not the place of the person who is quarantining) but I doubt they are contacting that person.

btw, open question to all out of curiosity: (actually two)

1. Do you really need a local number? When I was filling out the form they ask you to select the country before entering the number and I was able to select US. Of course I went back and changed it to Taiwan since I already had purchased a local SIM.
  2. There was a line to purchase SIMs immediately after leaving the gate. Then towards immigration there was a line to pass through the health check. But before entering that line, there was another line with someone informing people of the health forms that needed to be completed. Why was there a line for that? Isnā€™t that something you just do and then go? Why must you wait in line? My wife and I were confused about that lineā€¦we just skipped it and went straight to the health check line and filled out the form while in that lineā€¦

What a fantastic thread. Great information here! Thank you!

1 Like

Should be ok as-long as they are not a student, fisherman or migrant worker.

For 1): Probably not need a local number. BUT, you need a local number (cell #) for sure after landing when in line, because they want to see the text message from Twn Govā€™t about your details (name, DOB, passport #, etc.).
For 2): Unsure about that line. But there is a line for planes from HK (and maybe China), because they open up your carry-on luggage to check for dried meat, etc.

Iā€™m not sure what that line was for either, but I do know you canā€™t proceed to the health check / test pickup area until your form has been accepted as ā€œnormalā€. My sonā€™s kept saying it was invalid, and apparently thatā€™s a common problem for people with two passports (??) and someone had to fix it up for us.

That MOHW online form is really tricky to complete. In my use of it, one extra space or one dash it doesnā€™t like, and nothing goes forward. :neutral_face:

Guy