šŸ˜· COVID - Covid Tests to take a flight

If you are in the US, Walgreen offers Abbott ID Now, which is a rapid NAAT test. The results will be available within two hours.

2 Likes

Is that acceptable for return flights to Taiwan?

Yes, itā€™s acceptable, although there have been incidents where people were denied boarding due to the word ā€œrapidā€. I suggest you save a screenshot of the following and this link on your phone, so you can show it to the agent in case your test report is questioned.

2 Likes

Good news. According to the news, starting July 14, Covid tests are not required to fly into Taiwan for ARC holders.

8 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Really glad that this also seems to apply to ARC holders and not only citizens! (Letā€™s hope they donā€™t change their mind on that oneā€¦)

3 Likes

I was thinking that also because a test is about 129 USD now. Now they just need to remove quarantine. But again at least we can do it from home.

1 Like

Unfortunately, basically no country in the world seems to have considered the practicability and price of obtaining these tests during the last yearsā€¦

2 days after my flight :sob:

1 Like

Try to get it rebooked if possible? Considering the price and hassle of the test, you might still come out ahead.

Itā€™s too late I think. Plus Iā€™ve already used up a couple of unpaid leave days. Probably more of a hassle to rebook. But Iā€™ll take a look at united policy just in case

Edit: I was in the Marines so I get the test for free through the VA. But the 2 day requirement for the test is what gives me stress

1 Like

I donā€™t get why they always wait for the rules to take effect. Once you decide then implement right away.

2 Likes

ehhhā€¦ 3 days ainā€™t so badā€¦ youā€™ll spend at least half that time at home in a jet lagged stupor anyway.

Because you will have some moron saying I just got the test today to fly tomorrow. Now it isnā€™t needed. Iā€™ve wasted my money.

1 Like

Cause you have to train people. A big ship needs time to steer.

1 Like

If that was true, why did they pick the 14th? Only need 2 -3 days max

3 Likes

Iā€™m scheduled to arrive in the evening of the 13thā€¦ :sob:
Just rebooked my flights (and actually got some mileage back. Yay!)ā€¦

2 Likes

Just want to let everyone know, the next time we whine about Taiwanese web design, be thankful youā€™re not using the Korean Qcode system.

Hi Guys - Iā€™m jumping on a plane (Turkish Airlines) to Istanbul in a 2 weeksā€¦ of course I will make a final check a few days before travelling, BUT what is the current situation regarding any PCR testing, etcā€¦ prior to flying (I will not be able to present any vaccination certificate).

Thanks in advance

Depends entirely on where youā€™re going. Are you actually getting off at Istanbul? Most airlines have a webpage showing the rules for each destination. IIRC someone else did a transit through Turkey the other day, maybe they can confirm the situation there, but usually transit passengers arenā€™t subject to any particular rules as long as you remain airside, so it may not be relevant.

Well played! You served, now you get some of the benefits.

Guy

1 Like