😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Nah. It means flights are scheduled but who gets in is another question. Basically ROC passports and resident card holders. Plus it’s still 14 days quarantine even for them.

2 Likes

Official announcement on travel ban extension

“CECC stated that when to lift the restrictions remains to be decided depending on the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.”

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/iesKecLcTdK1gqZr3xgRpg?typeid=158

restrictions on mainland Chinese are more strict than on foreigners.

1 Like

Is there an english version?

All I understand form that is *² 1.2.3. O O 14 X 1.2.3. O 14 X O 14 X O 14 1.3 24 2.3.14 4. 109 4 23

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/6928/6940/212474/?Page=2&PageSize=20&type=&alias=

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5081-c06dc-2.html

China forbid them to return to Taiwan to continue their studies, anyways.

June at the very least.

Not quite! New students starting programs not allowed; current students permitted (from the PRC side) to continue.

Guy

All 17 that made it in before the ports closed -well, at least in my university!

Yes a low number of PRC students registered in Taiwan universities are actually in Taiwan. Stats as of early April 2020:

800 of the about 8,000 mainland students enrolled at Taiwanese schools are in Taiwan, while approximately 7,000 are in China, according to [MAC Deputy Minister and Spokesman Chiu Chui-cheng (邱垂正)]

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/cross-strait/202004090026

Guy

Not sure if it belongs here or if it’s already been said… There at so many posts in these wuhan threads.

One major recruiting company is stating if you get hired online and get a work permit you’re allowed to get in Taiwan now.

Anyone know for sure?

1 Like

O’Leary said that Ryanair had already told the Irish government that if it imposes the restriction, then “either the government pays for the middle seat or we won’t fly”.

“We can’t make money on 66% load factors,” he said. “Even if you do that, the middle seat doesn’t deliver any social distancing, so it’s kind of an idiotic idea that doesn’t achieve anything anyway,” he added

1 Like

Yep. A handful compared to the numbers before. But it is not mostly our fault. The restrictions started before the elections and I do not think the kids are highly motivated to come here as it may not look that nice on their resume.

In theory there is a clause that says not only residents but also people on business/with work contracts can come in. Problem I see is getting the visa.

it was posted here too.

1 Like

land of the mafia wants you to come for a visit

1 Like

In another thread, I mentioned how Japan Airlines has proposed a new seating arrangement in which they don’t sell the middle seat in a three-seat row. But how effective would this be? How would social distancing actually work on airplanes?

Mentour Pilot investigates this topic to discuss how—if at all—social distancing on airplanes could work, and some possible changes to come:

Guy

2 Likes

Good news!!

2 Likes

Hope it will open up late this year ! More likely in 2021 beyond trans-Tasman/ Islands and non local & Aussie.

Given that there is a great deal of trade with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region and that many have also managed to contain the outbreak, Roberts listed other “neighbors” that could be added to the bubble, including "Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, and South Korea.

I’m not sure it would be such great news if China is included, unless, of course, you trust China.

Personally, while testing isn’t perfect, I think some arrangement that involves testing would be better. The whole bubble concept is basically predicated on the notion that travel between these countries would not result in spread and new outbreaks.

But given the high rate of asymptomatic infection, it’s important to remember that the virus is not known to have been eradicated in any country that has experienced cases.

A single cluster/outbreak would thus threaten the bubble and increase the risk of people getting stuck again.