šŸ˜· COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Yeah I donā€™t think itā€™s consistent with this, but apparently some people feel that there is a passive aggressive push under way.

Unfortunately it doesnā€™t allow me to edit now.

Care to share your experiences?

Dude? Share pleaseā€¦

Bojack has already shared PLENTY in his amazing thread. If youā€™re not satisfied with this, I donā€™t know what will satisfy you.

Put otherwise: leave Bojack alone! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Guy

JFC what did i do to bojack?
Im asking a valid question, did i ask impolitely?
I thought i tried to ask nicely and got a somewhat rude response without an answer.
So after a red horse asked the same thing i felt it was ok to ask again
Apparently im a bad guy.

Guy , i dont know what to sayā€¦ you must know him well tell him im so sorry for making him angry

Here you goā€¦

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Im well aware of this long story

Thanks. If Iā€™m understanding, the just of it as it relates to immigration is:

With a new special-entry visa in hand, clearing customs did take longer (I think the interview lasted about ten minutes or so), but the customs folks were very friendly.

Seems reasonable under the circumstances. I would expect a special-entry visa issued during a pandemic to be paid more attention.

The reason I added the poll, however, was to see how many people have had ā€œissuesā€ with immigration under normal circumstances. Some have suggested in this thread and elsewhere that Taiwan has a thing with people who come regularly (such as visa runners) but never obtain an ARC.

In my experience, clearing immigration in Taiwan has always been swift and unobtrusive. Seems like from the small polling sample thatā€™s othersā€™ experiences as well.

Same here, only used TPE and TSA. A few times they have asked me one or two friendly questions at entry, but never experienced anything unfriendly.

Once I tried to leave TW with different passport then I used on entry, even though I was arguing with the girl, telling her she was wrong about what passport I used and at what date i entered, of course I was wrong and the girl and her computer correct! But even so she and her supervisor, that I got involved were super friendly, I donā€™t belive that would be the case many places.

I also I do not have many questions at the airport except last time in March at KHH (which I expected). The extra questions related to where I had been and extra check in passport where I had been (and I guess on screen), I had EU and Mainland stamps all late 2019, it seems they made sure it not recent. At the time I came back 14 day stay home for just some area not all, so where you visited was important as well contact and home (KHH) info . Maybe 5-10 minutes extra time with questions, but very few people in the airport I was out the airplane door the terminal door in 20min maybe. This was early March , now I guess a lot more questions. I am guessing if do not have local ties and reason why your here you may get more questions (me: I do business= no more questions, so others (different flight arrived at least 40-60min before me, Korean passport holders not flying from Korea) what seemed like tourist lots of questions and checking at the immigration desk. Point being even if visitors are allowed I think there will be a lot more questions and checking of info.

All of my entries into Taiwan have been made with a Visitor Visa, or on a Visa Exempt Basis, until the most recent which was on a JFRV which has since resulted in the issue of an ARC.

That said, I have NEVER been asked to show an ongoing ticket to Immigration (many Airlines have demanded to see it before allowing me to checkin though), nor have Immigration ever asked me to show evidence of enough funds to support myself. There have been no questions about length of stay or reason for visit either.

Maybe I have an honest face!!

Woah, hang on. I donā€™t think you did anything to me, nothing at all. I apologize if Iā€™ve made you think otherwise.

No apology necessary!

Iā€™m not angry, itā€™s that Iā€™ve become sufficiently disinterested that Iā€™ve left the conversation. Note that I am not saying Iā€™m disinterested in people or their viewpoints here. My disinterest lies solely in (what I consider to be) the box canyon it ran itself into. This is a not uncommon outcome for me on this website: I just lose interest temporarily and vamoose for a while. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, no worries. :bowing:

Ok great to hear!!
The JFC was for guys comment

I think we just wanted you to share , thats all.
your not angry thats cool :sunglasses:

I will retract my need to hear your experience

2 Likes

And added to all the above, bojack gets his ā€œrelease papersā€ in about 2 days, so the saga is over. I am guessing this one ranks up the top of the ā€œVisa Runs that took a whileā€ list.

2 Likes

Todayā€™s the last day since I went into hiding on April 30. Couple CDC guys stopped by yesterday to confirm.

Unless the popo stop by later, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve submitted the last daily quarantine-log image, Iā€™ve answered the last daily text from the CDC, and my case officer has texted me for the last time.

There may be beer tomorrow. :grinning:

8 Likes

Some land borders in Germany will open on Saturday. Foreign visitors seems will still not be allowed in until June 15.

Wondering if in the next week if they will announce another 30 days. The previous two extensions were around 4 weeks apart; the last one being around a month ago.

2 Likes

Seems likely

2 Likes
5 Likes

I returned from Cambodia on February 27th, Eva air was refusing to let me fly back to Taiwan as I didnā€™t have return ticket to leave Taiwan after 90 days.
After much persuasion telling them I was doing a cycling tour around Taiwan and canā€™t be sure when I would finish circuit, most likely before the 90 days.
They let me fly if I agreed to a letter they write and I carry with me saying reason they let me return, the reason was one I gave them, also saying they would be forwarding a letter to Eva at Taoyuan airport.
I thought Oh NO going to be a problem now.
Was not asked a single question and passed straight through.