😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Is Taiwan seen as part of China for this?

2 Likes

I’m 99% sure it’s not.

https://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-9208-2020-INIT/en/pdf

It appears Taiwan gets all the negatives of being China and none of the benefits of also being China.

6 Likes

Are there actually flights to the EU now?
If so, who is flying?
The frequency could not be high?

There’s been flights to EU all the time, but yes very low frequency and few routes.

This must be a first for Computex. It is the correct decision though.

The Thai bars have a different type of ping pong game, are we talking about that?

I bet there will be some fake negative C19 certificates available in Thailand.

I agree and it’s pathetic. European countries are so fucking useless smh.

2 Likes

Check out sky scanner, are there are flights back to Europe, But depending on where you are going to they are definitely not convenient

2 Likes

So only 18 countries can enter Europe now, although it is no where clear if it is based on citizenship or residency. Some news talk about it but nothing is from the official source. So I am wondering when they eventually open up to Taiwan, what about all the foreigners that live here will not be able to enter but Taiwanese will be able to enter? What about a citizen from the US, a Russian, or a Brazilian living here who have not been to their homeland in a long time. Will they be blocked to enter even though they reside and have been only in Taiwan this year?

Well, we do get the benefit of not being ruled by China. I’ll take that! : D

Guy

1 Like

Good Chinese food too, don’t forget that.

Also, ah, the aquaducks? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

K-man never gets tired of this derelict website, does he?

1 Like

I’m surprised he doesn’t outright quote us.

2 Likes

I already have a covid-19 special entry permit stated on my visa, obtained several weeks ago, but will I now need tests in addition to that?
Would also appreciate clarity on the home quarantine rules (joining family already in Taiwan in an apartment)
Is there an official site where all this is presented in a structured way rather that scattered among random press releases?

It appears that most countries are going on citizenship, not residency or place of embarkation. Obviously, it’s rather easy to find holes in this kind of policy and rewards people who have multiple passports.

You mean quackducks?

Elevated bridges to carry ducks across expressways. Whatever the Latin is for that. :bird: