šŸ˜· COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Digital seemed to work just fine. But I already have my arc. If you donā€™t have one you may need some paper documents

1 Like

Thereā€™s an online quarantine system for entry. It says language at the top. Thereā€™s were only in Chinese (I think) mine is Chinese with English translation

1 Like

Do you have a link? I thought it was just board the plane.

https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/Default1?openExternalBrowser=1

4 Likes

The airline app directed me to that site.

After filling out a form, will receive copy back that looks like this at the top with personal info below.

Used for boarding apparently.

Is there some time frame / window to complete this online form? Or is anytime OK?

Guy

Within 48 hours of arriving Taiwan.

2 Likes

Did Taoyuan increase its flight schedule recently? I flew in three times these two years and also landed at 5-6PM (THY/EVA) but the queue has always been a matter of maybe 10 minutes and the taxi stand fast to the point that I was still filling up the form when it was my turn. Well my Chinese handwriting sucks :rofl:

They are now allowing 40K people in every week, an increase from 25K. And airline transfers are OK again.

They have just increased the allowable number of arrivals from 25,000 / week to 40,000 / week. Perhaps this is having an impact?

EDIT: Plus what @divinecomedy said.

Guy

Transit Passengers - those who get off one flight and get on another without passing through Immigration etc. Example - Manila to Los Angeles via Taipei.

ā€œIn addition, since the airport resumed transit passenger operations on June 15, a total of 21,653 passengers transited through the airport from July 1-10, the company said.ā€

So, an average of 2165 per day were transit passengers.

1 Like

Ah thanks. Totally misread that. So they handled around 200K people in June, which far exceeded the 25K people per week quota?

You are mixing up allowable arrivals and the number of people passing through TPE (which also includes departures and transit passengers).

Guy

Really? Transit passengers were only allowed starting July. From the article:
ā€œThe airport recorded 9,412 aircraft landings and take-offs and handled 199,418 passengers in June, according to TIAC. In addition, since the airport resumed transit passenger operations on June 15, a total of 21,653 passengers transited through the airport from July 1-10, the company said.ā€

Edit: Now that Iā€™ve reread it, they didnā€™t say how many were going and how many were coming?

Meanwhile in Canada . . . things are not going well.

Guy

Looking forward to travelling to Japan? So apparently is this guy, who has written (and recently updated) what may be the most extensive assessment of whatā€™s happening with tourism policy in the Land of the Falling Yenā€”and what possible policy changes lie ahead.

Guy

1 Like

My recent experience arriving back in Taiwan after 14 July updates to enter requirements including no test required for residents.

Arrived Taipei, 710 pm departed airplane, in taxi by 830pm

• Lined up in que for people that had previously completed the entry information and showed it to them on my phone
  • Receive text while in line with health declaration certificate that I previously filled out
  • They handed me a filled in form, saliva test bottle and 2 extra test kits
  • Waited at baggage pickup and out by 750pm
  • Covid saliva test is outside of immigration and backage pickup, very well organized
  • 810 pm waiting for taxi
  • One final check of authorization while in taxi line with health declaration that includes address
  • No printed on paper documents needed, all on phone
5 Likes

Recent experience boarding plane in USA after 14 July.

Airline said I didnā€™t have a COVID test and I said I didnā€™t need one and they plugged in their system and then I heard the system say it will take 15 minutes to resolve.

Airline didnā€™t want to accept APRC because thereā€™s no expiration date and it wouldnā€™t go into their system without an expiration date and wanted an ARC.

Airline supervisor came by and overrode the system and checked me in.

Airline did not ask to see any documentation or see vaccination card.

4 Likes

The APRC with no expiry date tends to confuse inexperienced ground crew. Those who have handled umpteen flights to Taiwan (or dealt with passengers en route to Taiwan) are familiar with it.

Guy

3 Likes