Cowboys & Indians

When I was a little kid, I enjoyed watching westerns - especially the ones that featured cowboys vs. Indians. I never remembered the names of any of them, though. What are some of the classics? I imagine I’ll have to turn to my good friend bittorrent to find them, as I cana’t imagine they’re available anywhere in Taipei…

Oh yeah. Max Factor made a fortune painting all those white guys to play Indians in those flicks.

High Noon.
The Wild Bunch
The Magnificent Seven
The spaghettis
Unforgiven
McCabe & Mrs Miller

Those ones you’re thinking of, I’m afraid, were certainly NOT classics. They were probably very shoddily cobbled together B movies for the kiddy matinee market.

Of course, you have your
Drums along the Mohawk
They Died with Their Boots On
Fort Apache
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Red River
Winchester '73
Rio Grande
The Naked Spur
Hondo
The Man from Laramie
The Searchers
Tell Them Willie Boy is Here
Little Big Man
A Man Called Horse
Soldier Blue
The Outlaw Josey Wales

You’re looking at some real Saturday arvo CHEESE in some of those ones, though.

Thanks, Sand. Red River rings a bell with me - I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that one before. And I’m not afraid of the cheese factor - you’re talking to a guy that unwinds in the evening by watching old episodes of Magnum PI. :laughing:

Terence Hill and Bud Spencer: They call me Trinity and Trinity is Still my Name.

excellent Italian spaghetti westerns!
http://www.amazon.com/Trinity-Collection-Terence-Hill/dp/B00005YLS5

Hombre

Those were my favorites when I was a kid. Thanks for the recall.

Here is the opening scene from Once Upon A Time in the West. Awesome movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=jHZpO6aNLwE

[quote=“urodacus”]Terence Hill and Bud Spencer: They call me Trinity and Trinity is Still my Name.

excellent Italian spaghetti westerns!
http://www.amazon.com/Trinity-Collection-Terence-Hill/dp/B00005YLS5[/quote]

The Sergio Leone films are the best. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, et al.

Second that. Once Upon… is my fave all time film

My big brothers took me to the movies to see A Man Called Horse. That was the first time I saw boobies on the big screen. (Women’s boobies. Not Richard Harris’s.)

Didn’t Richard Harris get his boobies torn off in that film?

Didn’t Richard Harris get his boobies torn off in that film?[/quote]
He got hung up by them.
Little Big Man was another good one from the Indian’s perspective. They had gay Indians.