CPA firm suggestion Crowe Horwath, jrcpa.tw or ecovistw.com

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some help from a cpa firm on setting up a business. Maybe ask help as well to get a business visa and ARC. I would like to hear your opinion on these 2 firms. Which would you choose between jrcpa.tw or ecovistw.com? Or do you have any other suggestions? I would prefer the least amount of expenses.

Cheers!

Benjie

1 Like

Always had good service from Sam @ jusregal in Taipei

1 Like

Really ? I didnā€™t go too far with him but he was completely lost when I talked to him and after a lot of explaining I actually got the feeling he learned something new(

My issue was also super simple, so not sure what was going on there

My issue was that I needed to have a foreign legal entities tax residency confirmed in tw by local authorities

In relation to the opā€™s questions, he was fine in setting up a rep office and hk company and even obtaining an Aprc for one of my employees .

Weird, he seemed totally lost with my request

More specifically what I asked was to have the tax residency moved of a uk ltd from hk to tw as allowed by the tax treaty between uk and tw

It was quite odd, I got the impression he thought a ltd would somehow always need to pay taxes in home country and the concept of tax residency was somehow incomprehensible

Anyway, it was very very odd when I talked to him

Worth adding, the reason why I asked his help is that the form to do this was in Chinese. Otherwise I would have just done it myself

I had to email the form to him and then there was a bunch of back and forth when he was confused

I remember him saying he never seen this form before, very very odd

I guess , to me at least , they seem fine on the more general stuff , and I liked the fact that the communication was pretty swift . Maybe they are not as good at U.K. stuff ā€¦ but Sam is just one guy there ā€¦ I remember having to take docs to a nearby lawyer to get them notarized etc , but just liked the fact I could call at any time for free advice ā€¦ didnā€™t abuse it though . Best if op calls a few companies to get quotes I suppose .

Try grant thornton

JusRegal is very expensive and puts the onus on you. Considering their fees, you should be just showing up to sign and notarize some documents and not running around collecting things.

I like Jason Wang.
ēŽ‹å»ŗę£Ÿ Jason Wang CPA/CIA
Tel ļ¼š+886 2 2952 3266 ext.13
Cel ļ¼š+86 188 7629 7466ļ¼ˆChinaļ¼‰
Emailļ¼šjasonwang@brilliantcpas.com
Skype/Line/Wechatļ¼šjasonwang1115

Do you have any contact information or his website?

Thanks Aikaili? What type of business did you had him help you register? If you donā€™t mind me asking how much did it cost you in total? Did he also assist you with your visa and ARC?

Actually, I started with a different accountant when I started my tech consulting/manufacturing business. If I had known about him, I would have used his company because he is extremely familiar with the Taipei initiatives. Since you need a ARC, I think there are better programs today for this than when I started my biz. Iā€™ll take a look tomorrow and reply back.

With the added bonus that the ex-pats will drink you under the table :wink: :joy:

Thanks Aikaili! Looking forward to your reply.

If I was getting started today, this would have been great. I would have gone this direction. https://startup.sme.gov.tw/startup-terrace-your-best-investment-partner-in-taiwan/

Can I get any reference quote/price on how much they charge for setting up an LLC ?

Since I didnā€™t get any feedback for my question; for the benefit of others, let me share the quotes I have gotten for company registration so far:

1. JusRegal : 32,000 NT$ (č”Œč™Ÿ/unlimited) 35,000 NT$ (公åø/limited)
  2. Grant Thornton: 80,000 NT$

P.S. I want to register a company but donā€™t need that company for my ARC. If you need an ARC from your company, then service cost will be higher, I suppose.

2 Likes

Why you guys wanna get ripped off so badly?
About a month ago I received a quote from an accountant that was suggested in another post on this forum.
Company registration: NT$18000 + government fee NT$1470
His studio is near 101 and he speaks good English.
I donā€™t know if itā€™s ok to post his name here but you can PM me if interested.

Hi please can you let me know the name of him and his company?

Thanks

Hey, I donā€™t see the way to PM you, could you post the info here, at least their Line ID or something?