Baseball - CPBL the only league to have opened in 2020

That bat looks really, really short.

You sir, are uncultured. :smile:
There is so much tradition.
Quite a large body of scholarship on Taiwanese baseball in English, more than the better known story of Japanese baseball, including entire peer-reviewed books by Morris, Yu, and Harney.

1 Like

A tradition of boring the hell out of me :slight_smile:

Well, to each their own and all. I like fantasy

2 Likes

Wonder where they got the idea.

2 Likes

And they got a longer story on CNN. :rage:

1 Like

Robot fans complaining.

1 Like

By the way, for those interested in the future of Taiwan baseball, including international tournaments, the Brothers has a couple of really great young relief pitchers. Tsai Chi-zhe (蔡齊哲) and Wu Jun-Wei (吳俊偉). In an absolute hitter’s league, they are delivering great numbers.

2 Likes

I’m a Monkeys fan, but man, Tsai Chi-zhe has transformed this year. He is a going to be an upcoming star

So far this year he has pitched 14.2 innings with a WHIP of 0.82 and an ERA of 1.84.

3 Likes

I hope he continues to do well, but that’s a pretty short stretch.

Is he a reliever? If so it’s not THAT short esp in a 4 team league in an extreme hitters league …

1 Like

I don’t know, short is short. It’s not his fault the league is small, but I’d want to see him do it a bit more before I started banking on it. On my fantasy team lol.

1 Like

They have fantasy CPBL?

They used to have it on the official CPBL website. It was called 風雲教頭.

Ha, no idea, but I’m thinking from how I would assess a reliever in MLB fantasy. Admittedly I know nothing about the CPBL or its peculiarities.

Trivia: Name at least 2 ML pitchers that ended up in the CPBL and managed to make their way back to ML starting rotations

Nelson Figueroa. That one is off the top of my head. I can’t think of a second one.

1 Like

Jerome Williams. Williams was actually supposed to be part of the infamous deal that sent Liriano and Boof Bonser to the Twins for AJ Pierzinsky, but the Giants wouldn’t move him and sent Joe Nathan in the deal instead.

1 Like

Uni-president Lions’ 22 year-old Lin Ang-ke (林安可) who is half Taiwanese and half Argentinian. He speaks Spanish with his Argentinian mom. He can pitch and hit at the professional level, but the Lions so far kept him as a power hitter.

4 Likes

Muy bonito, muy bonito. Muy bien hecho, felicitaciones a los padres. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
1 Like