Baseball - CPBL the only league to have opened in 2020

Is he a reliever? If so it’s not THAT short esp in a 4 team league in an extreme hitters league …

1 Like

I don’t know, short is short. It’s not his fault the league is small, but I’d want to see him do it a bit more before I started banking on it. On my fantasy team lol.

1 Like

They have fantasy CPBL?

They used to have it on the official CPBL website. It was called 風雲教頭.

Ha, no idea, but I’m thinking from how I would assess a reliever in MLB fantasy. Admittedly I know nothing about the CPBL or its peculiarities.

Trivia: Name at least 2 ML pitchers that ended up in the CPBL and managed to make their way back to ML starting rotations

Nelson Figueroa. That one is off the top of my head. I can’t think of a second one.

1 Like

Jerome Williams. Williams was actually supposed to be part of the infamous deal that sent Liriano and Boof Bonser to the Twins for AJ Pierzinsky, but the Giants wouldn’t move him and sent Joe Nathan in the deal instead.

1 Like

Uni-president Lions’ 22 year-old Lin Ang-ke (林安可) who is half Taiwanese and half Argentinian. He speaks Spanish with his Argentinian mom. He can pitch and hit at the professional level, but the Lions so far kept him as a power hitter.

4 Likes

Muy bonito, muy bonito. Muy bien hecho, felicitaciones a los padres. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
1 Like

Should be called 風雲總經理. Managers don’t make personnel decisions.

1 Like

For full disclosure, I don’t watch the CPBL. I only watch the national team, like a girl.

Entrevista en español.

1 Like

Muchas gracias!

1 Like

Can you tell me if my translation is correct?
Taiwan kicked off with its CPBL, followed by South Korea and the KBO, two champions very much on the global map of our discipline, that are known as “batter’s leagues.”

El puntapié inicial lo dio Taiwán con su CPBL, seguida luego por Corea del Sur y la KBO, dos campeonatos muy bien ubicados en el mapa mundial de nuestra disciplina , que se caracterizan por ser conocidas como “ligas de bateadores”.

Yep, it’s OK.

1 Like

https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/player/Y3JpZDovL3dkci5kZS9CZWl0cmFnLTFhMzJlMmU1LWQwYTEtNDMyMS1hY2U5LTBhMjJlMWY5NmJlNw/Massenbegeisterung%20trotz%20Corona%3A%20Baseball%20in%20Taiwan

1 Like

Not the CPBL, but damn…

1 Like

Also not the CPBL, but MLB keeps on rewriting itself and not for the better.