CPI SM250 & related banter

Well bugger me, I can’t find it. Where is the classifieds section? RK told me there is one. Anyone know?

jaame, what you are looking for is this forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=152

BTW, are you willing to sell some of the new parts? I need a rear brake caliper and I’m considering a rear suspension… dunno if you have any of these things for sale :smiley:

back in business and runs like charm; will do a dyno soon…

flic.kr/p/fQLC4h

Hey Pommes, which carb is that? how much? is it worth it? any problem with it?

And… what’s that thing on the handle bar? (edit: well, it’s obviously a temp. gauge… where is the screw plugged?)

And… where are you doing to have the dyno? any cost?

And… nice pictures and video :smiley:

Hey guys if the oil has not written “MA” is it good for the CPI or it measn it is only for cars? I can only see 10W-50 or 20W-50 but not MA. I just noticed that in Carrefour they sell it for 250 NTD and if you buy it at the shop you spend 600NTD!!!

After no more than 500 km, and after the ride you can see on the video (that day I made no more than 120 km),

when I arrived home I noticed this:

Which is a bolt coming out of its place…

Then, I washed my tired ride and I found out that one of the protections covering the exhaust had lost a screw.

Isn’t it such an exciting experience to ride such an unreliable piece of crap? xD

[quote=“jesus80”]
1.which carb is that? how much?
2.where is the screw plugged?)
3.where are you doing to have the dyno? any cost?[/quote]
1.Keihin 36mm I think. Worth it? Hard to tell - I’ve changed so many things that I can’t tell the direct difference as if you would just change the carb only. I was happy with my standard carb as long as my cylinder still stock.
2. water
3. friends of CSRT - should be cheap
about bolts getting loose; it’s a 4 stroke single - what did you expect?!? Use Loctite if you want them to stay tight…

[quote=“pommes king”]
3. friends of CSRT - should be cheap
about bolts getting loose; it’s a 4 stroke single - what did you expect?!? Use Loctite if you want them to stay tight…[/quote]

Pommes, if the dyno is cheap, and they don’t mind to have some other motorbike done, I’d like to test mine as well. Just for knowing what I have, and compare it with future versions of itself :smiley:

I read that there’s a red loctite or something like that, and I think that I’ll use it but not right now. With about 4 or 5 thousand km on it only, the rear sprocket shows some noticeable wear, most likely because the chain is already fucked up, so I plan to have both changed soon (and the loctite would make sense only if I’m not removing it soon…).

Hi Jesus

I am willing to sell any and all parts of my CPI. The first part is $55,000, and it’s but one get the rest free.

Hi. Can I please have the manual for the sm 250. Thank you!

Dunno if you are still looking for it. If that’s the case please send me a PM and I will send it to you.

Thanks @mad_masala I did manage to get the manual from the manufacturer, did not provide much detail, but did help in some way.
We were having carb issues, but seeing as we are in South Africa, the same carb wasn’t freely available, but managed to use a 250cc scooter carburetor and change the jetting to a more suitable sizing.

AFAIK carburator and jets are typical mods for this bike. And yes, maintenance and tweaks like that are not covered in the manual.

The bike is fun to ride, but I got tired of having issues all the time, and wanted something bigger too. Not many people will like to sit behind with such a small and crappy seat!

If you need parts and can’t find them there (I’m even amazed you found the bike in SA), maybe i can help you to get them (for a small commission if that makes sense). Even in TW parts are not that easy to find… I was cleaning a few weeks ago and I threw away a rear calliper and some adaptors and dunno what else. I regret now!

Man, that would’ve been brilliant! We are currently trying to source a substitute rear caliper as we cannot source the brakepads…
There are actually a few of the bikes available here and definitely not well known, but rides much better than most of the cheap motards available.
Thanks, will give you a shout when we really hit a dead end, it’s currently at the shop for some electrical work, rectifier has blown so charging ect was an issue…

Let me check the heap of junk I have in the parking space, may be we’re lucky. I could also try to find pads, but they would be new.

1 Like

Hey guys. As an update

Who thinks which year is best for this bike?

2011 can now be had for 40-50k
(Yes I have seen 2008 for 25k, no I don’t want anything before 2010 before major problems where fixed)
Or some 2014s for 50-70k w decent mods both.
I mainly want the brakes and front suspension.
Or I might buy a gogoro…
Hahaha. Still need my luke tho…

Hi all, sorry to dig in old topic, trying to find the manual in english. (Every manual possible ? maintenance, owner, …? )

Did oil change myself already, looking to change the coolant (think previous owner probably didn’t change it for 5y, only 6000km tho).

Saw some people talking about it but didn’t find any link to download.

Thanks in advance.