Cram school or kindy?

Are there a lot of cram schools in Taipei? I would prefer to work at them…(sorry if this has been asked before)

Yes. (sorry if this answer has been given before.)

Id prefer cram school, as I have experience. Went to a Hess interview 1 week ago, and haven’t heard back. I suspect this maybe due to the fact that I’m an experienced teacher (5 yrs Japan/ 1 yr Australia, and qualified BA/Dip of Education)

BTW…am having second thoughts about Hess anyway…there are many negative comments here. BUT, I’d did work @Nova in Japan and found it fairly easy if you can put up with the shit from management.
I really want to move to Taiwan and to live/teach and thought Hess would be a good starting point. Having said that, I am also confident enough in living in a foreign culture to just arrive and take my chances…what do you think?

I agree wholeheartedly.

Why? (Just wondering.)

I’m not saying there aren’t reasons to move here, but if your only reason is to teach EFL, there might be better choices.

for example…read ma ofa posts

Why? (Just wondering.)

I’m not saying there aren’t reasons to move here, but if your only reason is to teach EFL, there might be better choices.[/quote]

where?

Japan? Middle East? Europe?

I dunno. It’s just that the market here is quite saturated, wages have stagnated for the last 10-15 years with no signs of improvement and professionalism is not valued, at least in terms of compensation. (I speak in generalities and there are some exceptions.) It seems if one is pursuing a career in TEFL and that is their priority, I just wonder if Taiwan is the best choice. Now if there are other reasons for choosing Taiwan, then so be it.