Crazy and dumb laws

Some countries have dumb or crazy laws

[quote]

25 Random Laws

Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.
There is a $1,000 dollar fine for beating rats with baseball bats.
It is illegal to bring your horse or pack mule above the ground floor of any building.
Bicycles are not allowed in the tennis courts.
It is illegal to sell cars on Sunday.
A door on a car may not be left open longer than is necessary.
It is illegal for a father to call his son a faggot or queer in an effort to curb girlie behavior.
A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence.
It is against the law to attempt to break any law in title 9 of the code (public peace, morals, and welfare).
Under the reign of Elizabeth I, any person found guilty of harboring a Catholic priest would be tortured or even hanged.
There is a ban on men becoming aroused in public.
Sex toys are outlawed.
The value of Pi is 3.
Two bathtubs may not be installed in the same house.
It is illegal to mistreat rats in Denver, Colorado.
Tattoos are banned.
It is illegal to have sex in a moving ambulance and if you are caught the guy is let go and the woman is punished and her name appears in the newspaper.
It’s illegal to catch mice without a hunting license!
You cannot smoke a pipe after sunset.
Hotel sheets must be exactly 99 inches long and 81 inches wide.
You can ride your horse in the saloon.
You cannot walk backwards eating peanuts in front of the Barnstormers Auditorium during a performance.
Tissues are not to be found in the back of one’s car.
Traffic police are required to report all bribes that they receive from motorists.[/quote]

The General Laws of Massachusetts

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGS IN CRIMINAL CASES

TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

My question is: contumeliously?

these are still on the statute books of the UK

* It is legal to shoot a Scotsman inside the walls of York (but not on a Sunday)
* All sturgeons caught in British waters must first be offered to the monarch
* No Welshman is allowed inside the city of Chester after dark
* All swans on the Thames belong to the monarch
* It is illegal to wear 'Highland dress' (i.e. the kilt)
* It is illegal to book into a London hotel under assumed names for the purposes of love-making

[quote=“Chaon”]The General Laws of Massachusetts

PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGS IN CRIMINAL CASES

TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER

Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy

Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

My question is: contumeliously?[/quote]

Yeah, but you can’t buy beer in a convenience store or supermarket, and you can’t buy any liquor after 10pm or on Sunday in Masshole-achusetts either. Stoooopid.

In Vermont, you can carry a concealed weapon without a permit. :banana:

“Yes your honor, I did blaspheme–but not contumeliously. I mean, what do you take me for?”

In the village of Alfred, New York, snowballs (possession and use) are illegal. Each snowball is punishable by a $25 USD fine. In the same village, gasoline sales are also illegal.

In Taiwan it’s illegal to turn right on a red light. (“No way!”) Can you believe it?

contumeliously
adverb
contemptuously, disdainfully, scornfully, contumeliously, showing contempt without respect; in a disdainful manner; “she spoke of him contemptuously”

[quote=“Chris”]In Taiwan it’s illegal to turn right on a red light. (“No way!”) Can you believe it?[/quote] In Montreal too.

Yeah in England too :blush:

Yeah in England too :blush:[/quote]

Well, in England they drive on the left, so of course right on red would be illegal! :wink:

Donald Duck cartoons used to be banned in Finland because he doesn’t wear pants.

In Vermont it’s illegal to whistle underwater