Crazy Gilligan's Island conspricy theory

Huh? What’s the link between “Goodbye Lenin” and “2001”? I guess I’ll have to watch them again… :saywhat:

[/quote]

If you start both movies at exactly the same time… (only joking :laughing: )

Nothing big. His friend with the video camera… sorry, wouldn’t want to spoil it for you.

Any way it reminded me of 2001 and then I saw 2001 at the local DVD store so I bought it. (I think I fell asleep everytime I’ve watched 2001 - funny thing is I like it :help: )

Tlking about 2001 here reminded me of Goodbye Lenin… funny how things work, eh? :help:

Do you think they synced the part with Lenin’s statue and his mum going outside? A Long shot I know.

[quote=“NaTaS”]This is funny.

Years ago, CBS had a popular little series called Gilligan’s Island.
There is, however, a dark secret about this “comedy” you may never
have realized. The island is a direct representation of HELL.

[…snip…]

[/quote]
Add to that the fact that tropical islands are typically thought of as “paradise,” and paradise was located in hell before the ascension of Christ.

Danimal[quote]Add to that the fact that tropical islands are typically thought of as “paradise,” and paradise was located in hell before the ascension of Christ.[/quote]
Where did you get this idea from? I am familiar with many different beliefs, but this one doesn’t ring a bell.

[quote=“NaTaS”]This is funny.

Years ago, CBS had a popular little series called Gilligan’s Island.
There is, however, a dark secret about this “comedy” you may never
have realized. The island is a direct representation of HELL.

Nobody on the island wants to be there, yet none are able to
leave. Each one of the characters represents one of the 7 deadly
sins:

Ginger represents LUST - she wears skimpy outfits, is obsessed
with her looks, and is a borderline nymphomaniac.

Mary Ann represents ENVY - she is jealous of Ginger’s beauty.

The Professor represents PRIDE - he is an annoying know-it-all.

Mr. Howell represents GREED - no explanation needed.

Mrs. Howell represents SLOTH - she has never lifted a finger to
help on any of their escape plans.

The Skipper represents two sins: GLUTTON - again, no explanation
needed and ANGER - he violently hits Gilligan on each show.

This leaves Gilligan. Gilligan is the person who put them
there. He prevents them from leaving by foiling all of their escape
plots. Also, it is HIS island. Therefore, Gilligan is SATAN.

… Crazy? He does wear red in every episode.[/quote]

One problem. I don’t consider living on a tropical island with a great beach, healthy food, lots of free time to hang out as any sort of Hell.

Where did you get this idea from? I am familiar with many different beliefs, but this one doesn’t ring a bell.[/quote]

“Before Christ’s death on the cross at Calvary, the souls of the dead went to Hades, a supernatural place somewhere in the heart of the earth. Hades has two compartments, the abode of the lost called in the Bible “torment,” and the other side, the place of the saints of God called Paradise, and also referred to as “Abraham’s Bosom.””

raptureready.com/faq/faq353.html

“Even Jesus, with the thief on the cross, went to Paradise, which was in Hades”

ccel.org/contrib/exec_outlin … ife_04.htm

This can be found at:
gilligansisle.com/sins.html

I remember hearing that from some comic or other. It was on Comedy Central rerun from either Showtime, HBO, or some other place.

I believe that the other damning (so to speak) evidence that Gilligan was Satan is the fact that not only was he the reason why they got shipwrecked, but that he’s the one who usually screwed things up to keep them on the island.

Of course, I’ve known this theory for years and was even just recently talking about this. Hardly anything new. You can google 144,000 webpages talking about this theory just by googling “Gilligan” and “satan”.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I

Of course, I’ve known this theory for years and was even just recently talking about this. Hardly anything new. You can google 144,000 webpages talking about this theory just by googling “Gilligan” and “satan”.[/quote]

Well, shit, you’re better then me.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]
Of course, I’ve known this theory for years and was even just recently talking about this. Hardly anything new. You can google 144,000 webpages talking about this theory just by googling “Gilligan” and “satan”.[/quote]

googling “gilligan” and “satan” is something I mean to do everyday. It’s on my to do list, but just never seem to get round to it. so thanks OP.

mmm… Danimal, your full of surprises. Thanks.

I thought the problem was they were already in paradise and were making a living hell of it. Gilligan was constantly keeping them in paradise by bungling all their attempts to escape it. It’s the Ground Hog Day story.

[quote=“GongChangZhang”][quote=“ImaniOU”]

googling “gilligan” and “satan” is something I mean to do everyday. It’s on my to do list, but just never seem to get round to it. so thanks OP.[/quote]

:idunno: I just get pissed when people try to recycle someone’s idea and pass it off as their own creative thought. Perhaps the OP should add quotation codes around his entire post because I found 59 webpages with the exact same wording as his “original” post (using the word “original” lightly).

google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 … +Island%22

I agree with you in principle, ImaniOU. Very poor form for people to try and pass-off lifted material as their own, even in an informal discussion.

In defense of the OP, though, it’s far from clear to me that he was trying to fool anybody. He wrote “This is funny” and then there were several extra line-spaces, and then the block of the Giligan thing. Maybe he should have put it in a quote box, but if we go with the “Give a person the benefit of the doubt” school of thought, I think the OP should be cut some slack… :idunno: