Crazy Interviews

Hi all,

I wasn’t sure where to add this, so I started a new topic. If anyone wants to move it, feel free.

I am living in kaohsuing after spending 4 years up north. I have been here a year already but decided to dip my wick into the kindie arena for the 1st time in years. I went to an interview a few days ago for a large kindie/ cram school.
I went in, to all the usually hapless smiles. Sitting down with the director they inform me that I’d be working 8am-5pm, M-F. Right, 9 hours. ‘How much do you expect?’ they asked. I hiti low ball- no less than 60k. I am being generous here. Okay, 60, but we keep 10k every month for 10 months until the start of the followinf summer when we have no students (kindie - hello, where do they all go…?) then we pay you it all back over those 2 summer months. 50k a pop. Thats 100k after 10 months I stated. After a bit of too-ing and fro-ing, such as. Whay will you pay be 100k for 2 months of sweet FA??? Why would I ever let you keep 10k a month for 10 MONTHS??? And, so I look stupid enough to believe that you’d really hand it all back with a smile, or maybe I’d get some and you’d invent some horseshit story and Taiwanese reasoning to keep some.
I walked out of the interview never having done a demo. I left them dazed and confused as to why this was crap. I asked them just to pay me 60k, and call the last two months null and void. They didn’t like this.
The way they think is that they are giving you an opportunity to work - lucky you. If I couldn’t work , I would never have came half way around the world- fool. And, they think they have the God given right to keep YOUR money. Knowing full well its a kindie gig and if they do, what will you do. Personally, I’d follow them home & take a bat to their shiny imported car.
Some poor sucker will take this gig - with all the risks personally.

Just wanted to share this story as I tried to expalin it to the cockitiel I own and he just looked at me funny!

Cheers all, happy hunting.
Rant over - it just irks me through their smiles and happy faces.

I guess it is the same as people thinking that 600NT is a lot when unless you are married, you can have your ARC canceled any day and have to buy a ticket home and pay 30,000NT or more to ship your stuff out of here.

One should really be given a month to find a new job if it is the owner who decides to cancel you ARC.

Maybe they just don’t like Mackems? :ponder:

I might have cancelled an interview with this place. Sounds like it would have been fun to go just for fun. :smiley: My reasons are that I’m just not cut out for kindy work (at least I don’t think I am).

Without naming names was this place pretty much right across from Kaohsiung Arena (on a side street)?

A kindy should not be pissing people off! :raspberry:

Say ok, 70,000/nt per month, holding 10,000/month. Sounds like the plan.

I know you dont mean it that way, but maybe you should not say you want to dip your wick in the kindie arena? That just comes out wrong. Just sayin.

Never, ever be generous in such a primordial soup as the large schools.

[quote=“tommy525”]Say ok, 70,000/nt per month, holding 10,000/month. Sounds like the plan.

I know you dont mean it that way, but maybe you should not say you want to dip your wick in the kindie arena? That just comes out wrong. Just sayin.[/quote]

Tommy for the win! :discodance: