Crazy old lady terrorized by crazier young snowflakes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pelosi-defends-handling-of-4-house-women-as-democrats-fume-about-ocasio-cortezs-top-aide/ar-AAEbATf?ocid=spartandhp

Countering raving lunacy with inane platitudes:

If you think this is about ideology, you’re missing the point. This is about power. It’s what’s called a purity spiral, and it seems to be plowing into the ground right about now.

The nutroots want revenge:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nancy-pelosi-netroots-192943694.html

It’s not wise to dismiss the public whatever. A seasoned politician should know that.

Know your jargon:

What’s Jeremiah Wright up to these days?

Now, does Trump tweeting stop the infighting and unify democrats or simply shine light on the least popular and most extreme elements of the liberal wing of the left and force Pelosi to defend the folks who called her racist a few days earlier?

1 Like

Unity is not always a good thing…

Related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrqW_BZu5Xk

1 Like

I think I’m back at “Trump was playing 4D chess after all.”

Certainly his Sunday tweets have widened the fracture in the Democrat party. Not so unifying after all. :woozy_face:

So much energy in the Democrat party these days. Hats off to President Trump in finding a way to dissipate that energy that safely limits the damage to the opposition party, venting it there rather than allowing it to harm the country as a whole.

It will be very interesting to see how antifa goons react in next weekend’s state-sanctioned, West-coast rioting. :thinking:

I’m about half in on 4D chess and half in on him being lucky that his opposition is incapable of controlling and directing their emotional response (though that is probably a result of his media acumen as well).

Democrats had positive momentum. Trump tweets. Democrats fracture and rally behind people who are as unpopular as they are unlikable with a message of “America sucks” and “everybody is a racist”. Republicans have been told they are racist for so long that when they hear polls for this sort of thing, they filter it through their experiences of the past few years and support for Trump increases. Oh, you haven’t heard anything regarding the DNC candidates since the tweet either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7256017/Trumps-support-Republicans-goes-AOC-twitter-storm.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

Current US politics page. Nothing from any candidate on the democrat side outside of a brief article for who qualified for the next debate that CNN is hosting.

Trump has reframed the election to be between him and Ilhan Omar.

1 Like

Not only that, but yesterday AOC and the squad were on a CBS program hosted by Gail King, where Rep. Tlaib argued that if you disagree with the squad then you are a racist.*

Like, literally three days later they are back in full circular firing-squad mode.

Whatever Trump thought before he loosed what, 280 words on Twitter last Sunday it certainly seems to have upended any notion of Democrat unity. Pretty amazing result.

-*Seems I have to turn off my ad-blocker to access the Media-ite story reporting this. That or actually sit through a Gail King interview with 4 other females - not likely to happen. I learned about this in a Tim Pool youtube video, and I’ll be glad to reverse/remove my claim if a hardier soul than I can show me otherwise.

Full transcript:

Perhaps it would have been more accurate for me to say that “if Pelosi doesn’t clear her comments with the squad before releasing/making them, then Pelosi is a racist.” That said, I suspect (based on evidence to date) that if you disagree with them you will likewise be called a racist - including if you are Nancy Pelosi.

Once more, their identity politics is all about using (in this case) race as a political cudgel.

Thanks for digging up the transcript.

GAYLE KING: This, this is not personal. She- she doesn’t, but wait a second, with all due respect, she doesn’t need protection.

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB: Alright.

GAYLE KING: I want to know if you are speaking–

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB: She’s the new member, not the speaker.

GAYLE KING: No, but I want to know–

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB: She has every right to sit down with her in any moment, anytime, with any of us. She is Speaker of the House. She can ask for a meeting to sit down with us for clarification. The fact of the knowledge is and I’ve done racial justice work in our country for a long time. Acknowledge the fact that we are women of color, so when you do single us out, be aware of that and what you’re doing especially because some of us are getting death threats, because some of us are being singled out in many ways because of our backgrounds, because of our experiences and so forth. But I think the question should be–

That’s the bit that stood out with me, too.

It’s a fundamental part of identitarian thinking.

That’s what sticks out to me.

2 Likes

It does feel like it’s gone to their heads.

As for this part…whut? I can’t see how acknowledging them for being WOC has even a sliver of causality for the threats and vitriol shown them as the nonsense that spews from their mouths.

And the end part about their experiences is kind of like saying, we’re historical, and in Omar’s case a legit, victims and that’s why we’re being completely unreasonable firestarters, so y’all gone to just have to deal with us until the blockheads back home stop empowering us.

It’s black privilege.

Real chess is partly a psychological game.

But no. He’s a poker player. Master of the double bluff.

1 Like

Threats, whether of death or mere bodily harm, are just a part of the political landscape in the time of Trump.

I’m not excusing any real threats Tlaib or any other Democrat gets, I’m just saying that superior leadership - real leadership - would call for an end to all political violence in the US.

If Tlaib had a tenth of a gram of leadership in her, then rather than state that if they don’t get a private confab with Pelosi then it means death threats against her and the squad, she would demand an end to all political violence. She would call out antifa for the attack earlier this month on Andy Ngo, an attack that apparently actually did involve deadly violence (Ngo received a brain hemorrhage).

The squad is disgustingly cynical, so cynical that they feel no shame using racial violence as a mere cudgel with which to beat their political enemies about the head. I don’t think they give a damn about race or about climate change. All they seem to care about is garnering political power.

1 Like