Credit Cards for Foreigners - General Discussion

I will try to make a timeline best I can, notice I never needed a cosigner or anything like that:

1. Fubon Simply Cash - 50,000
    I was making about 45k a month, this was my first credit card in Taiwan. Cancelled it after I switched to the Fubon Business Titanium. This was an automatic cash back card.
  2. Standard Chartered - 80,000
    I opened a bank account with them after they came to our office, it included the credit card which was more or less my monthly salary in credit.
  3. AMEX Platinum Credit Card - 120,000
    This is a special credit card not cash card from AMEX for the Asian market, got a special offer at the beginning but not worth afterwards due to the 8k yearly fee for a bunch of domestic hotels and restaurants. Cancelled after switching to the AMEX Gold - Eva Air
    4.China Trust 101 - 150,000
    Wife wanted the free suitcase which was only offered to new members, ended up keeping the card for the embedded easy card and discount at Jason’s supermarket located in the 101.
  4. Fubon Business Titanium - 50,000
    This card has a requirement of 700,000+ a year salary but they still gave me the same crappy limit I had with the previous card. I use it only as a back up of the AMEX for the miles.
  5. AMEX Gold - Eva Air - No Limit*
    The credit amount doesn’t show. AMEX cash cards usually adapt their credit limit to your spending habits. Switched to this one due to lower yearly fee and more miles with the airline I usually travel with.
14 Likes