Creepy CIA-like stuff going on here

Wow, I noticed that if you go to the bottom of the index page and click on “Check Who Is Online,” you get to see not only who is online, but what they are doing at the moment.

That’s creeps me out!

So, what would happen if I had more than one browser window open, with each at a different location within Forumosa? Would big brother get completely confused?

I think I’ll try it.

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

Yes, it does. At least after the first two windows are open.

Ah, this is a neat trick. :notworthy: to the admins!

Go to your Profile, Preferences, find ‘hide online status’, select ‘yes’. :rainbow:

Of course that only hides your status from other mortals. The all-seeing eye of Sauron (admin) will not be deceived! :smiling_imp:

I see that both Big Fluffy Matthew and I are currently doing something called “template”. That’s so secret and sinister that even I don’t know what it is I’m supposed to be doing. Maybe I started doing it in my sleep.

If you two keep that up you’re going to go blind…

[quote=“MJB”]If you two keep that up you’re going to go blind…[/quote] :laughing:

Of course that only hides your status from other mortals. The all-seeing eye of Sauron (admin) will not be deceived! :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Ah, the all-seeing eye.
That reminds me of a fascinating article I read on Wikipedia about the US Defense department’s Information Awareness Office.

I keep myself hidden for the same reason I don’t use AIM, ICQ, etc. but back in the early Oriented days, I’d keep an O. browser open while I did my other reading, and pretty much kept my computer on all day, so Gus and Christine must have thought I had no life :laughing:

[quote=“MJB”]If you two keep that up you’re going to go blind…[/quote]But at least we’re doing together, it’s doing it by yourself that makes you go blind and makes your hands look like Almas John’s.
BTW, I have no idea what “Template” means anyway. I think there is another version of that page that tells you what thread someone is reading, not just the forum, but I guess gus decided against using that one.

[quote]Of course that only hides your status from other mortals. The all-seeing eye of Sauron (admin) will not be deceived![/quote]Notice how “Sauron” is nearly an anagram of “Maoman” and they both control their minions (moderators) from a big tower ?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“MJB”]If you two keep that up you’re going to go blind…[/quote]But at least we’re doing together, it’s doing it by yourself that makes you go blind and makes your hands look like Almas John’s.
BTW, I have no idea what “Template” means anyway. I think there is another version of that page that tells you what thread someone is reading, not just the forum, but I guess gus decided against using that one.

“anus or” would be an anagram of sauron. an anagram of maoman would be “moan ma”…not sure what my point is, um, carry on…