Creepy happenings in Sunny Forest

Ok, no mincing around…They found a deader buried in the ground with his hand sticking up in the air late Monday night.

Murdered…Bag over the head, strangled unconcious and then buried alive.

The jist of the story is that a loan shark had gone to collect a debt. He obviously knew that he might be in some danger as he informed his wife if he didn’t come back this was the guy to look for.

He didn’t.

Monday night a guy was out hunting (snakes I think and no it wasn’t me) and discovered the body just 100meters from our back gate. If you want to see a really grisly photo then check out yesterdays Apple daily. Suffice to say that the guy had been in the ground awhile, with the hand sticking up in the air. Animals had been at it.

Our back entrance leads to a dirt road that alot of us use but is very remote. No people for about 2km and very very dark out there. It also overlooks all of Taoyuan County and the lights of the 101 can clearly be seen at night or day with the right weather.

Now, this is a road that people in our complex use often, but now as I was coming home I saw a line of cars by the back gate…Curious, I inquired as to why they were backed up like that, when nobody was on the road.

Turned out all of them were too scared to drive on that stretch alone, and were waiting for enough people to make it “less scary”.

Truth sometimes really is stranger than fiction. :astonished:

God! WHAT I wouldn’t have given to have been there with a dark sheet, a Scream mask and a flashlight! :laughing:

Don’t forget to hop. They won’t believe you’re a real ghoul unless you act like a bunny.

Don’t forget to hop. They won’t believe you’re a real ghoul unless you act like a bunny.[/quote]
I thought that was just vampires.

Don’t forget to hop. They won’t believe you’re a real ghoul unless you act like a bunny.[/quote]
I thought that was just vampires.[/quote]

Perhaps you’re right. But I believe all members of the Chinese undead can be counted on to act in a way that makes me giggle.

This thread went from creepy to buffoonish in less than an hour…Must be some kind of forumosa record. :bravo:

And it’s all thanks to ME ME ME! :laughing:
Actually, it’s thanks to your neighbours – the buffoonery started in the third-last line of your original post.

My wife drives that road every night. Or used to. Now she takes the long way around. Those lush stands of napier grass and dirt trails are great for mountain biking. We used to whomp on them quite often, until last year when we found the rotting carcass of a pig. I never thought it could get worse than that! :noway:

The body was discovered right about here:

Despite all the jesting on this thread, this used to be a great place to go for a weekend walk, do some exploring, biking, and even off-roading. The views are fantastic, and it’s so close to home.

Now, people are afraid to go out there at all…It’s a real drag.

Why can’t the gangsters bury their victims elsewhere?

Look at the bright side… no neighbours for good as it is certainly called an execution ground and the ghost is still around.

Taiwan is truly heaven. I thank my lucky stars every day that I get to live in a place where a dead body still freaks people out.

well…you country back road will be a bit emptier for awhile. i say enjoy it while you can.

[quote=“MJB”]The body was discovered right about here:

Despite all the jesting on this thread, this used to be a great place to go for a weekend walk, do some exploring, biking, and even off-roading. The views are fantastic, and it’s so close to home.

Now, people are afraid to go out there at all…It’s a real drag.

Why can’t the gangsters bury their victims elsewhere?[/quote]

Where is this photo taken? Linkou?

Bodo

Property valuations must’ve taken a hit.
I hope you rent, not own.

You should see “The Life of David Gale.” :bouncy:

Tell her that statistically, the chances of another body being buried there are now much higher. Now that police found a body there already, they’ll be on the look out. :laughing:

Considering my rent, i wish they found a body in my backyard.

I also wish i had a backyard.

Ecaps

[quote=“Ecaps”]Considering my rent, I wish they found a body in my backyard.

I also wish I had a backyard.

Ecaps[/quote]

backyards come with risks.

I had a backyard in the last place we lived. The neighbor poisoned the stray cats and then threw their bodies over the wall. :fume:

My other neighbor thought it would be a great place to practice his golf chip shots. :fume:

That’s fresh. :laughing:

I’d be willing to go up there for a weekend, dress up as a zombie, and wander up and down the road.

That settles it. I’m burying a dead body on the beach near my favorite beach break in I-Lan. Those waves will be all mine!!!. :smiley:

Any volunteers?