Cricket and Leisurely Drinks

I’m going to play cricket tomorrow. I think they are going to put me at fourth man.
It’s the Pakistan lads. Do we have a different perception of “drinks”?

Actually, I think I’m going to abscond. I can’t really stand up.

As the weather gets better, some Forumosan cricket would be very cool.

[quote=“cfimages”]As the weather gets better, some Forumosan cricket would be very cool.[/quote]Great Idea, Mr Images! What better way to spend a Sunday than playing cricket and drinking beer? Mr Funk? Mr Fox? I hear Ms Divea has a confounding slower ball.
Please don’t invite Mr Sandman. He’s a ball-tamperer.

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“cfimages”]As the weather gets better, some Forumosan cricket would be very cool.[/quote]Great Idea, Mr Images! What better way to spend a Sunday than playing cricket and drinking beer? Mr Funk? Mr Fox? I hear Ms Divea has a confounding slower ball.
Please don’t invite Mr Sandman. He’s a ball-tamperer.[/quote]
I have also heard that Sandy never stops talking up his googlies.

I thought the proper fare for cricket was tea and tiffin on the lawn.

[quote=“Chris”]
I thought the proper fare for cricket was tea and tiffin on the lawn.[/quote]
For God’s sake, Mr Chris! Think about the CANADIANS!

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“cfimages”]As the weather gets better, some Forumosan cricket would be very cool.[/quote]Great Idea, Mr Images! What better way to spend a Sunday than playing cricket and drinking beer? Mr Funk? Mr Fox? I hear Ms Divea has a confounding slower ball.
Please don’t invite Mr Sandman. He’s a ball-tamperer.[/quote]

I don’t have any balls. No bats either. I hate cricket! The husband is another matter. He will have to borrow one of your bats :slight_smile: but he can do some stuff with the balls. I’ll watch.

I’ll get the tea and tiffins.

I once was a decent medium pacer, but it’s been many years. Last few times, strangely enough, was in Taipei–an odd collection of Brits, NZers and Ozzies, plus myself against a team of Indians and Pakistanis, really. We somehow managed to beat them, even though they had far superior skills.
So, I’m game.

[quote=“Wookiee”]I once was a decent medium pacer, but it’s been many years. Last few times, strangely enough, was in Taipei–an odd collection of Brits, NZers and Ozzies, plus myself against a team of Indians and Pakistanis, really. We somehow managed to beat them, even though they had far superior skills.
So, I’m game.[/quote]
You’re a good chap, Mr Wookie. I would love to get a social game of cricket together, but judging by the amount of Forumosans that promise to come to a Happy Hour and then abscond… :cry:

Let’s give it a bash, eh? :pray:

We played a bit of keg cricket at university. Can I join? Or do I just get to mix drinks on the sidelines with Divea?

I don’t mix drinks. I eat sandwiches. And they invited me to play, you are welcome to take my place.