Crime pays.....in Europe

[quote=“Rascal”]To give some perspective, i.e. it’s not limited to Europe that crime seems to pay.
So the question you should have asked should be: “Why is this thread only about Europe”?[/quote]
The thread clearly designates Europe and the newspaper article used is from Amerstam.
Simple enough.

[quote]Hmmm.

So, Rascal… are you saying that in a discussion of US military practice as an extension of US foreign policy, it is appropriate for some posters to make reference to German foreign policy and or military practice?

Just seeking clarification.[/quote]
That depends on the topic/argument/reference at hand IMO - the questions leaves way too much room to answer it with a simple yes or no.

However since I can imagine what you are up to I won’t elaborate further (in case you are thinking of continuing to question the issue) since it would take us way off-topic.

[quote]The thread clearly designates Europe and the newspaper article used is from Amerstam.
Simple enough.[/quote]
But is Amsterdam represantative of all of Europe? There is no indication in the article that this is a “European thing”, it just happens to report some cases in the same way we occassionally hear very similar reports from other countries, including non-European ones.
Therefore I think “Crime pays …” would have been more appropiate; or if you wanted to limit the discussion to the place mentioned in the article only “Crime pays … in the Netherlands” had been my choice instead.

Personally I don’t see the point in such a limitation on this particular topic however (yep, just for you, Tigerman, since you can’t leave references to other threads out of it) since crime is not limited to that place nor are such compensations something new or never heard off (even I consider them inappropriate and unreasonable).

[quote=“Hobbes”]
But no … as soon as one of the criminals tried to kill her husband, this American woman just pulls out her gun and shoots the guy…[/quote]
That was the funniest damn post I’d read in months…

Until I read: