Criminal record translation

Hi, To request my APRC I need my home country (Italy) criminal record, but due to covid I can not go back to Italy and let local Taiwan office legalize the translation. There is any way I can translate and legalize my Italian criminal record certificate in Taiwan? Thanks a lot in advance for any help. (unfortunately Taiwan local office in Italy do not accept docs by mail since last year due to privacy protection policy…)

Are you sure you need it? If you qualify for the aprc, that means you’ve lived here for 5 years which means you only need a local police check. That’s all I needed

Unfortunately in the past I have been back to Italy for more e than 3 months in a year, so I need it

1 Like

Ok, just checking.

No problem, appreciate concern

Do you think it’s possible for you to translate it yourself, and have a notary compare it and approve that it’s accurate? Does it need to be translated by certain agency?

There are lots of translation agencies out there.

Did you contact the de facto embassy in Taiwan?

Your agent in Italy may do authentication part at TECO in person.

As far as I understand I need a notarized authorization to be sent him from Taiwan, I’ll check anyway thanks

I’ll try, good suggestion

yes

I’ll check about it thanks for the suggestion

l’ufficio di economia fornisce questo servizio

I’ll try, but I’m afraid is only for Taiwan documents to be used in Italy, I’ll let you know, Thanks anyway

Give them a call or email. They’re usually pretty good about answering and getting back to you when I used them.

Ok