Criminally Underrated Songs

Like the title. I’ll start it off with this Stones tune.

3 Likes

So cool…so so cool.

(2064) Serge Gainsbourg - L’hôtel particulier - YouTube
(2064) Serge Gainsbourg •ั Cargo Culte - HD - YouTube 90s trip hop 20 years early

1 Like

Nice.

Gotye’s MUCH better song that hardly anyone knows about.

2 Likes

Edit, I’m not a fan, but this was an educational watch. Recommend the channel

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Easily the most criminally underrated song ever

2 Likes

Great song, but I never thought of it as being underrated.

1 Like

Maybe I was late in finding out about it. I never heard of it until maybe five years ago. By accident on YouTube.

2 Likes

Hardly underrated. Hugely rated by the cognoscenti.

This one could qualify for a Stones song

2 Likes

True, but that album should’ve been huge at the time, and just wasn’t promoted properly.

1 Like

From https://www.thecityreview.com/dhall.html:

The big surprise is one show that is devoted as a memorial to Wolk, who apparently was Hall’s spiritual brother and a very great musician. One of the songs is called “I Miss You,” which was originally recorded by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes with Teddy Pendergrass."

It begins slowly and rather inauspiciously. But after a minute or so, you nose is pressed up against the computer monitor as Hall, playing guitar, wails and wails and wails in what may well be the most emotional and volcanic performance available on the Internet, clearly up there in the heavens with K. D. Lang’s version of “Hallelujah” at the Vancouver Olympics.

I cried during most of the performance it was so intense with very strong lyrics and, again, stunning musicality. As Bigsoulman1 commented, “Only God knows how he got through that song without breaking down himself…”

The same day as Bigsoulman1’s post, GoldCoastKimi4208 commented that “I have watched video many times with a tear in my eye, but have just noticed that sitting on a stool next to Daryl is T-Bone’s leather boots and his black leather hat…”

Another commenter gasped “The most soulful, heartfelt performance I’ve ever seen!!!”

yeah, which one? Big Star or the Stones song?

No Stones song has ever been underrated. Mick could fart into a paper bag and it’d be rated.

And then if someone else farted into a paper bag they’d sue them for royalties even though their entire early catalogue was ripped off from black blues artists.

Fav two Stones albums, Sticky Fingers and Exile.

1 Like

He did.

1 Like

Got that is awful

1 Like

For example ? Which ones were ripped off from black singers. :thinking: