Criminally Underrated Songs

Not that I buy into that cultural appropriation nonsense…

1 Like

That’s a cover and I assume royalties were paid. The Dead covered many old blues tunes as well, some to ensure forgotten artists for a check. However I believe the theft criticisms come from the many many guitar licks they appropriated.

Doesn’t seem like a bad thing. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I agree. Les Paul should sue them all!

My comment only related to them going after the Verve for sampling a string part from The Last Time for Bitter Sweet Symphony. The Verve were forced to give them a song writing credit and hand over all royalties. Ironically The Last Time is pretty obviously a rip off of the Staple Singers This May be the Last Time but that song itself is an old gospel standard so the Stones could get away with it.

1 Like

Its amazing how many songs from many artists have their origins in Blues, Mountain Folk music and Gospel. Some songs go back way over 100 and even 200 years old.
I am not surprised or disputing what you said just generally curious. I do not think licks should be copy righted though , that would be hell to sort out. However, I did not know they went after Verve, what a bunch of hypocrites, but still can’t help but like Mick Jagger such a good performer. His arrogance comes off kind of well on stage. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This should be copyrighted.

3 Likes

No need to copyright what no one else can play.

Well, Jaco excepted.

1 Like
1 Like

Cool. Never even heard of them. Terrible band name though.

1 Like

You mean: Spitting in the food, pissing in the pool, yelling at the blind, acting like it’s cool.

Fast forwarded to this part. It’s a very angry song!

2 Likes

I feel I need to soften things up. Friday, good bottle waiting at home, etc.

2 Likes

There’s more to it than that, check out the full lyrics.

1 Like

Touch in the night by Silent Circle is a great example of Italo disco of the 80s

Now popular again for stupid crazy dance moves
Kinda dumb kinda cool though

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdt9mpGR/?k=1