Crossing the Canadian boarder with a student

Has anyone every brought one of your students for a trip to Canada? What did you require to enter? It quite difficult to find information about this on the web. I’m hoping someone has real experience.

More info is needed:

What are the nationalities of the people involved? Would you be coming from the US, or directly from Taiwan? Driving? Flying? Going by boat?

All three are Taiwanese Students with Taiwanese passports. We would be flying directly from Taiwan to Canada.

It depends–are we talking about a skateboarder, snowboarder, or boarding school student? :ponder:

Have you spoken to the Canadian diplomatic office in Taiwan?

Have you spoken to the Canadian diplomatic office in Taiwan?[/quote]

Bit on that bit:

[quote]Visas and Immigration
The Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong is responsible for processing visa applications for citizens and residents of Taiwan.

Citizens of Taiwan require a visa to enter Canada as a visitor. However, please note that citizens of Taiwan holding the ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes their personal identification number are visa exempt. If you are a citizen of another country, check the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website to see if you require a visa to enter Canada.

If you are a citizen of Taiwan, or if you are legally residing in Taiwan, visit the official website of the Visa Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for information about visa and immigration services and to download application forms.
[/quote]
Clear as chocolate.
canada.org.tw/taiwan/visas/index.aspx?view=d
If I were them, I’d apply for one of the new passports.

I have to apply for a Canada visa soon and it doe snot look like fun. Hong Kong?! You kiddin’ me?!

Can you imagine just how perpetually stoned THAT person would be?

:laughing:

The visa bit is easy I know that. What about the fact that you would be taking someone else child? You must need some sort of authorization? Thank for the response not sure I understand the snowboarding has to do with anything. We are in Taiwan they are English students. I’m hoping forumosa still has some useful people on here?

That is what I was saying about the new passports. If they are adults, the new passport has all the information required and they should be able to get visa free entre. However, if they are minors, it is a whole differnet story, with provisions on that regard.

[quote]If a minor child is travelling with a person other than his/her parents or legal guardian:
If the child is travelling with an adult who is not his/her parent or legal guardian, the adult should have written permission from the parents or guardians to supervise the child. The permission letter should include addresses and telephone numbers where the parents or legal guardian can be reached.

Note: These documents are not always requested upon entry to Canada, but they may be. We therefore strongly recommend bringing them in case they are required by the immigration officer at the point of entry (airport or border crossing). A minor child will not be admitted to Canada if the officer is not satisfied that his parents or legal guardian have authorized his stay.

It is not necessary for the letter from the parent(s) described above to be certified, but a certified letter is acceptable. A photocopy of the parents’ or legal guardian’s passports or national identity cards bearing their signatures should be attached to the letter.

[/quote]
canadainternational.gc.ca/ho … spx?view=d

Moreover, you must specify that they are there for tourism purposes. Again, if they will attend a course or receive lessons, then it is anothe rprocedure/type of visa.

Border or Boarder?

Cross - a method of hybridization or the hybrid so produced… the process of crossbreeding; hybridization… to crossbreed or cross-fertilize. :laughing:

What… boundary? I thought this thread was about genetics, too. That’s what a biology background does to you.

Try typing in a second language. Before you start making jokes, I 'd like to see you type perfect Chinese. Sorry if I make a couple mistakes.

They are minors and will be studying there. But just at a summer day camp for one week.

[quote=“MaoMao”]Try typing in a second language. Before you start making jokes, I 'd like to see you type perfect Chinese. Sorry if I make a couple mistakes.

They are minors and will be studying there. But just at a summer day camp for one week.[/quote]

Actually, I do sometimes type in Chinese. I laugh at my own errors. Maybe you should too. Now take a moment and simply edit your original post, and the comments will cease.

It’s all in good fun.

We are very board otherwise.