Crossword Puzzle Books

I foolishly told a Taiwanese person I would get him a book of crosswords, because I thought it would be easy to find. I looked at Page One and Caves and couldn’t find any. Anybody know?

If you are looking for basic (easy) crossword books you can find them in the magazine section of the Eslite Bookstore on Tun Hua / An He road intersection. However, these are really simple. Probably good for an ESL student or native English speaker teen.

Otherwise, you will probably have to download them like me.

[quote=“elektronisk”]If you are looking for basic (easy) crossword books you can find them in the magazine section of the Eslite Bookstore on Dunhua / Anhe road intersection. However, these are really simple. Probably good for an ESL student or native English speaker teen.

Otherwise, you will probably have to download them like me.[/quote]
Thanks. I’ll check it out.

[quote=“elektronisk”]

Otherwise, you will probably have to download them like me.[/quote]

Where? Link please.

I (sheepishly admit) did the same thing yesterday. So far, they haven’t come back to say, “Hey!”

But when they do, I am armed to answer.

Thanks E.

TS - Just google and you’ll find lots of sources for online crossword puzzles. Many of these can be printed out in a printer friendly format.

On a side note, a good puzzle reference tool is http://www.oneacross.com- it is very handy if you are really stuck but just have to know the answer.

I bought a couple of crossword books at Page One a couple months ago. They were by Reader’s Digest and weren’t very challenging, but probably just right for a non-native English speaker. I had to ask the clerks to help me find the books. Maybe they are still there, just hidden?

Thanks. Page One has some good stuff but it’s easy to get lost in there.