Crying girls and depressed girls on subway

Saw this once on the MRT (in a station, actually, though I forget which one). The b/f was giving her a stern lecture about god knows what. But she was bawling. I thought it was more than a little chicken-sh*t on his part to be doing that to her in public. :raspberry:

:astonished: Can’t expect her to stay dry-eyed in a situation like that!

Sobbing in public sounds much more exciting - Sighhhhhh…

All I ever get is icy silence :frowning:

It would put the icing on the cake, wouldn’t it, if your companion was bawling for no good reason and a passerby like Jinete came bounding over and thumped you about as a lesson against being mean to a defenceless young woman!

(Though Erhu might suggest you’d deserve the thumping for going out with such a woman in the first place.)

The power is not to be abused. :wink: Though I might consider such a thing on one of the days where I’m pissed off and need an “outlet”. :notworthy: :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard of it. Another example of promoting the false image of the mentally defective foreigners who are violent and crazed.

Is it OK for men to sob on the MRT?

[quote=“Mr He”]Relationships with Taiwanese girls often end up in emotional blackmail.

[/quote]

You might change the “often” to “usually.”

They do get better at manipulation as they get older.

That’s my experience.

My theory to explain this is that with very few exceptions, Taiwanese women do not enjoy equal footing with men. They are objectified, their opinions are not valued, and they have to deal with a culture predisposed to lying in relationships and rampant male infidelity. As a result, they learn some coping tactics which often result in emotional manipulation. Suicide threats, accusations of infidelity when none has occurred, screaming, crying, yelling (in public and private) are all tactics used to get to whatever goal she may have.

I saw some of the same patterns in the online book about relationships in Thailand between foreigners and locals by Stephen Leather called “Private Dancer.” Excellent read, if you get a chance.

Of course, I’m a foreigner, so I probably just don’t understand the Taiwanese :slight_smile: .

:astonished: Can’t expect her to stay dry-eyed in a situation like that![/quote]

True, but if she could suck it up and not make a big deal about the situation, you’d have yourself a keeper. :smiley:

Here’s the Apple Daily story about the foreign bloke who choked the xiaojie.

appledaily.com.tw/template/t … id=1228184

The guy was Belgian and was bar-hopping when he and his friends accidently tried to get into a gay bar. They were refused, and he went ballistic, tearing shit up with a fire extinguisher. How he went from that to choking some xiaojie in the street isn’t quite clear to me.

Damn those 醉老外

alidarbac wrote:

[quote]
tried to get into a gay bar. They were refused, [/quote]
Huh? Wasn’t he “gay” enough?

Wolf wrote: [quote]Huh? Wasn’t he “gay” enough?[/quote]

Don’t be silly. He was probably too ugly! :laughing:

Maybe he was trying to prove he wasn’t into women. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK guys, what would you do if your GF’s pulled a cryie on you in public.

Has never had that happen to me… THANK GOD.

Ditto. But if it does, I’ll most likely take her back home, talk to her to calm her down, and lift her spirits in the only way I know how. :wink: :smiley:

Ditto. But if it does, I’ll most likely take her back home, talk to her to calm her down, and lift her spirits in the only way I know how. :wink: :smiley:[/quote]

You wanna learn then that every time they cry you will mount them??? Dangerous indeed :loco:

I was more thinking in line of a peffer spray to keep them tears comin… :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Mr He”]You wanna learn then that every time they cry you will mount them??? Dangerous indeed :loco:

I was more thinking in line of a peffer spray to keep them tears comin… :smiling_imp:[/quote]

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Please he was ‘gettin that arse in line’. what a better place to do it. :fume:

[quote=“Mr He”]OK guys, what would you do if your GF’s pulled a cryie on you in public.

Has never had that happen to me… THANK GOD.[/quote]

If I were a guy, in my head-I would become Superfly. In reality-I’d look at her like she was the fool she is being and wait for it to end then take her home.

[quote=“alidarbac”]Here’s the Apple Daily story about the foreign bloke who choked the xiaojie.

appledaily.com.tw/template/t … id=1228184

The guy was Belgian and was bar-hopping when he and his friends accidently tried to get into a gay bar. They were refused, and he went ballistic, tearing shit up with a fire extinguisher. How he went from that to choking some xiaojie in the street isn’t quite clear to me.

Damn those 醉老外[/quote]

That must of been the foreign Watersheds fire extinguisher attacker story. Someone else asked about that in a different post. The article erroneously states Watersheds is a gay bar.